Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Interface not working with Wifizoo

Default Virtual Interface not working with Wifizoo

I'm on a 64 bit wep encrypted network so i usually setup a virtual interface using airtun-ng (at0) this interface decrpyts the packets on the fly quite well and seems to work with ettercap pretty well but for some reason dosent seem to be working for wifizoo even tho i specify

Code:
    python wifizoo -i at0
    am i missing something here???

try the following:

Code:
    python wifizoo.py -i ath0
    Also you need to edit your interface into wifizoo.py - line 48
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    try the following:

Code:
    python wifizoo.py -i ath0
    Also you need to edit your interface into wifizoo.py - line 48
    He is not trying to use the wireless card as the interface, so the ath0 (representing an atheros card) would not be relevant.

He is trying to decrypt the traffic with a tool called airtun-ng which creates a tap interface "at0" and decrypts the traffic via the tap interface at0.

I think the problem is that airtun-ng does not retain the 802.11 headers which wifizoo requires.

please post the logoutput after starting wifizoo.

did you bring your at0 inferface up?

Zermelo is right. I tried the same thing, using airtun-ng and the virtual interface at0 to bring some datas to wifizoo, and I had the same issue. I finally understood that wifizoo only works with paquets captured via a wifi device, and not with an ethernet device, since it only supports frames with ieee 802.11 headers.

I found one tricky solution to this, I use airodump-ng to capture the datas, then I use airdecap-ng with the -l option, so that it doesn't remove the 802.11 headers, and then I open the decypted .cap file with wifizoo, and it works. The problem is that it doesn't permit to get the informations in live. If someone have an idea to use airtun-ng and modify the headers in live from the virtual at0 interface so that the datas can be used with wifizoo, please let us know...
    --~ Internet is in the air we are breathing, so it should be free for everyone. We'll get there, just wait and see... ~--

yeah i am aware of using captured files but this not really as exciting as having real time traffic to analyse anyways i am still searching for an answer to this on google in case u guys come across some thing please do post

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptid View Post
    yeah i am aware of using captured files but this not really as exciting as having real time traffic to analyse anyways i am still searching for an answer to this on google in case u guys come across some thing please do post
    You can use kismet to decrypt the traffic as there is an option for this in the configuration file. Kistmet continuously saves its output to a .cap file, you can then feed that cap file to wifizoo for something close to real time decryption.

Quote Originally Posted by Zermelo View Post
    You can use kismet to decrypt the traffic as there is an option for this in the configuration file. Kistmet continuously saves its output to a .cap file, you can then feed that cap file to wifizoo for something close to real time decryption.
    Oh ok i wasnt aware of this i'll give it a try now....

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

better, provide key to airtun-ng .... sniff at0 the tunnelled iface created with wifizoo.....and get real time decrypted traffic

it works for sure ...; i have even use that to add wep support in an unofficial version of wz (formerly know as 1.4 but not available for public )
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by shamanvirtuel View Post
    better, provide key to airtun-ng .... sniff at0 the tunnelled iface created with wifizoo.....and get real time decrypted traffic

it works for sure ...; i have even use that to add wep support in an unofficial version of wz (formerly know as 1.4 but not available for public )
    If this really works, then I think you need to post some instructions because I haven't got it to work as of yet, and there doesn't seem to be much to it.

Code:
    airtun-ng -a 00:11:22:33:44:55 -w 1122334455 wlan0

ifconfig at0 up

python wifizoo.py -i at0
    What more is there? Wifizoo will just sit there with no output.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast