Thread: What are the default privilges for adduser?

Just burned his ISO

Default What are the default privilges for adduser?

Hi
    I want to add an user account for myself so that I can avoid running BT3 in root. What privileges will my new user account be granted? Will there be a need for me to edit the privileges to make my box safer or is there enough security( in adduser's default setup) to keep me reasonably safe provided I don't give out my personal information and click stupid links?

Please help me out knowledgeable admins and users. I love learning new things and want to be a little more secure while exploring backtrack.

Developer

Your user is as privileged as you want him to be. Quite obviously the default setting in most cases usually is not to good. Adding a user to backtrack is the same as any other linux distro however just so you know the backtrack menu will not be imported to your new user and you will need to do that manually. Also many of the backtrack tools need the root account to work properly which further emphasizes the point that backtrack is not designed to be a every day OS. Its for a pentest and that's it.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks Pureh@te