Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alfa & 9 dBi antenna & 9-metre antenna lead

I can communicate with a network that I previously was unable to

with a network and not with my network... sounds like someone wont be getting help anymore

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Curious responses.

pureh@te, you have made the comment "This sounds fishy", and I don't know whether you say this just to express your opinion, or whether it's intended to provoke me to explain my actions.

Apollopimp, you have gone a step further by insinuating that my use of language explicity implicates me in illegal actions. Furthermore, you state that I "wont be getting help anymore", which is a curious response considering that you haven't given me any help to date, and also curious in terms of you taking the liberty of speaking for the entire community.

To satisfy your curiosity, here's my situation:
    I live in a neighbourhood where the houses are well-spaced. Three friends of mine live on the same road as me (within a stone's throw of my own house), and another friend lives two streets away.
    My four friends and I are interested in sharing files over wireless, and also playing computer games such as Quake III Arena over wireless. For this reason, we regularly connect to one another's networks (yes, Apollopimp, one another's networks, not my network).
    Up until I go the extension lead, I was unable to connect to one of my friends' networks. Now that I have the extension lead, I can connect.

I hope this satisfies your curiosity, and in future, I hope you can take the time to simply ask someone a question before implicating them in illegal actions.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

So back to my question, what kind of cable did you get with this?

It should be stamped on it, if not at least guesstimate the diameter of the cable.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    So what kind of cable is it??

Here's the one I got (except I got 9 metres instead of 6):

http://www.data-alliance.net/servlet...-meters/Detail

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    Here's the one I got (except I got 9 metres instead of 6):

http://www.data-alliance.net/servlet...-meters/Detail
    Decent choice of cable.

Give this link a shot: http://www.ocarc.ca/coax.htm

You'll see that even under the best conditions, you're losing a lot of your antenna's gain in the cable. That's assuming a 1.1:1 VSWR with only 2 connections, (one on each end).
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    Curious responses.

pureh@te, you have made the comment "This sounds fishy", and I don't know whether you say this just to express your opinion, or whether it's intended to provoke me to explain my actions.

Apollopimp, you have gone a step further by insinuating that my use of language explicity implicates me in illegal actions. Furthermore, you state that I "wont be getting help anymore", which is a curious response considering that you haven't given me any help to date, and also curious in terms of you taking the liberty of speaking for the entire community.
    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    So back to my question, what kind of cable did you get with this?
    epic :P
    - Poul Wittig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12