Thread: airolib-ng and aircrack-ng problem

Just burned his ISO

Default airolib-ng and aircrack-ng problem

Using BT3 final and going through Xploits #4 tutorial and a host of other
    info i was able complete all the steps for testing my wpa-psk passphrase. Except for some reason when i get to the last step
    #aircrack-ng -r testdb dump*.cap

I select my captured hand shake and it starts going through the dbase, (its over 200megs) but it stops after testing just over 24000 to 24500 ( its different everytime) and then says
    #quitting aircrack-ng

The last passphrase it checks changes everytime as does the amount tested but never more the 24500.

What am I doing wrong, i did test a verify my dbase completely as well.

What kind of hardware are you running it on? Quitting at a random number, but one that is nearly the same, makes me think it is overloading something in your hardware. However in that case it would usualy crash your system.

Have you tried any other cracking progs? Cowpatty or john the ripper are two good ones. If they give you similer errors it is almost certainly hardware. If not then I can only guess its a currupt install. Try updating aircrack or reinstalling it or burn another back track .iso at low speed and try it off the CD or USB.

Just burned his ISO

I've run it on my p3 1ghz 256 ram laptop from live cd and my 3ghz amd 512 ram desktop from live usb and they both do the same thing except the laptop seems to be a tiny pit farther. It does kinda sound like it running out of resources and crashing out but it doesn't freeze or anything. In fact I could keep running the same command over and over with similar results every time.

I think i know what i did wrong while it was writing the database i ended it prematurely by hiting crtl+c. I didn't what for the buffer to empty first, stupid mistake.

Ive had the same problem with aircrack in bt3, I've tried it on both my usb live version and also my live cd version on two different computers and it keeps doing the same thing, no problems with cowpatty though, Its never off more than like ten passwords though, when you think about how many passwords you put through the program though (my list is about 2 million phrases) the chances of one of those words being the pass is about 1:200000 so I wouldn't much worry about it unless its really bugging you

This can be either 1 of 2 things,

1st being the obvious, your SSID does not match what you have imported

2nd - your password may not be in your password file

I remember doing this ages ago & even posted videos doing it as well after following the necessary steps, I also remember Xploitz stating start with a small password list & build your way up to it, no point spending hours compiling millions of passwords then to run it & it FAIL?? arrghhh how annoying you must be

So why not try again, ensure your SSID & password are all in good order & you'll see next time it should work a treat