Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computer Online Forensic Evidence Extractor

well I had already found the cab included in the zip file to begin with but that has nothing related to the scan...

the directory with the results is all, txt files and 1 html file... no cab files..

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Nothing that can be shared with a civilian.
    An I'd tell you but I'd have to kill you kinda thing?

Were you into InfoSec when you were active duty Thorn?

Slightly off topic, but has anyone ever tried to build a key logger (ps2 or usb) that physically connected between the keyboard and the computer? Would seem to be a great way to grab passwords to any comp that you had physical access to, as long as they didn't look at the back of their box for a few hours. Im trying to think of things to put in a kit for pen testing against a computer or network that you have physical access to for a short period of time.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Revelati View Post

Slightly off topic, but has anyone ever tried to build a key logger (ps2 or usb) that physically connected between the keyboard and the computer? Would seem to be a great way to grab passwords to any comp that you had physical access to, as long as they didn't look at the back of their box for a few hours. Im trying to think of things to put in a kit for pen testing against a computer or network that you have physical access to for a short period of time.
    Why go through the hassle of building one?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...earch&aq=f&oq=

They're readily available, for reasonable prices.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Something like that.

Initially, I was a generalist having been everything from a street patrolman to a Chief. In later years, my specialty was major crime scenes; what is known nowadays as "CSI" work thanks to those god-awful television shows. But don't get me started; I can rant about those stinking piles of malodorous crap for hours. Some computer work was involved, but not much. InfoSec came later, although since the 1970's I've always done some kind of computer work as a sideline.

I've bought them. Trying to make your own seems a bit useless, unless you where just doing it as an exercise.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I've bought them. Trying to make your own seems a bit useless, unless you where just doing it as an exercise in futility.
    Fixed that for ya.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Sorry stuck that in there before I googled it, amazing though! I had no idea they were so readily available.

Im also trying to rig up something like this: http://storm.net.nz/projects/16
    This im pretty sure IS NOT commercially available. Sucks the memory right off the RAM chips before they cool off. I hear it even works off old IPods that were compatable with firewire ports.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12