Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How merge all the exploit's dict files..

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default How merge all the exploit's dict files..

    He writes in his post :

    cat *.* > /root/bigfile.txt

    Where/what exactly i do with this command?Where i put it?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Use the konsole and cd into the appropriate directory, the one where all the text files you wish to merge are saved, and then simply issue the command.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heloo View Post
    He writes in his post :

    cat *.* > /root/bigfile.txt

    Where/what exactly i do with this command?Where i put it?
    Hey heloo,
    it would be usefull if you start a post people can understand!

    I think you are talking about the thread from -=Xploitz=- where he shares his wordlists.
    And if you don't know what to do with the command... maybe stop it and start at the very beginning of linux basics.

    cat *.* > /root/bigfile.txt
    Anyway , run the command to pull all the wordlists into one big one..
    Make sure you are in the right directory.

    *nerved from work*

    ed: =Tron= was faster
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

    * post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

  4. #4
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Use the konsole and cd into the appropriate directory, the one where all the text files you wish to merge are saved, and then simply issue the command.
    hmm i didnt understand..i have extracted all the dict files to

    system:/media/sda1/Program Files/pass in my hard disk drive because my stick has only 1bg storage.Can i merge all files to my hard drive and then make aircrack-ng read them from the hd?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heloo View Post
    hmm i didnt understand..i have extracted all the dict files to

    system:/media/sda1/Program Files/pass in my hard disk drive because my stick has only 1bg storage.Can i merge all files to my hard drive and then make aircrack-ng read them from the hd?
    You seem to be lacking in basic Linux understanding, as terminal86 states, and you should concentrate on getting familiar with basic commands before you try out the more advanced tools in BT. However try issuing the following two commands in the konsole (also often referred to as the command line or terminal):
    Code:
    cd "/mnt/sda1/Program Files/pass"
    cat *.* > bigfile.txt
    This will merge all the files in your pass directory into a single text file called bigfile.txt, which will be created in the same directory. Make sure that you do not have any other files in the same directory, for example executables, as these will corrupt the bigfile.txt
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

  6. #6
    My life is this forum thorin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,629

    Default

    Keep in mind that when doing this the destination drive will require enough capacity to store essentially a second set of files. i.e.: If the files in "/mnt/sda1/Program Files/pass" take up 600MB once you "cat *.* > bigfile.txt" bigfile.txt will end up in the same directory on the same drive and also be ~600MB. (So basically you better hope the drive is at least 1.2GB)

    (Note the sizes/capacities above are fictional).

    Also if you wanted to put bigfile.txt on another drive you'd have to specify the output location (lets assume your HD is hda1) the command would be something like:
    Code:
    cat *.* > /mnt/hda1/pass/bigfile.txt
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

    I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    Keep in mind that when doing this the destination drive will require enough capacity to store essentially a second set of files. i.e.: If the files in "/mnt/sda1/Program Files/pass" take up 600MB once you "cat *.* > bigfile.txt" bigfile.txt will end up in the same directory on the same drive and also be ~600MB. (So basically you better hope the drive is at least 1.2GB)

    (Note the sizes/capacities above are fictional).

    Also if you wanted to put bigfile.txt on another drive you'd have to specify the output location (lets assume your HD is hda1) the command would be something like:
    Code:
    cat *.* > /mnt/hda1/pass/bigfile.txt
    That is a so very very basic that everybody, and i mean everybody! should be known to.
    But okay you never know what is asked next ...
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

    * post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

  8. #8
    My life is this forum thorin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by terminal86 View Post
    That is a so very very basic that everybody, and i mean everybody! should be known to.
    But okay you never know what is asked next ...
    I do agree, but nothing surprises me here anymore
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

    I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •