Thread: A netbook with a netcard that don't have problem with monitor and packet injection?

Just burned his ISO

Question A netbook with a netcard that don't have problem with monitor and packet injection?

Hi, i want to buy a netbook (Asus EeePC, Acer Aspire One etc...) to use BT3Final. But i don't know a system where is netcard is able to do packet injection and monitor mode. Can anyone help me?

The eeePC 701 works fine. All the 70x model should ship with an atheros chipset and it's well supported by BT3. The 90x family should have a realtek but, sincerely, I don't know its status (I think it's ok, though).
    EeePC 70x enhancing module: http//sid77.slackware.it/bt3/

Quote Originally Posted by SkyNET290897 View Post
    Hi, i want to buy a netbook (Asus EeePC, Acer Aspire One etc...) to use BT3Final. But i don't know a system where is netcard is able to do packet injection and monitor mode. Can anyone help me?
    acer aspire one works great, too

Checkout the Hardware Compatability List on the wiki:
    http://backtrack.offensive-security....hp/HCL:Laptops
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks to all!

My favorite netbook is EeePC (901 or 1000H), i've seen the link where is the list of all supported laptops, but i don't understand if ALL EeePC works at 100% under BT3Final or only specific models (701, 900 etc...).

I've red on the web that many people have problems whit packet injection with a EeePC 901. Can you confirm that EeePC 901 works at 100% with BT3Final?

Thanks!

Just burned his ISO

Just got and Elonex Webbook via carphone warehouse, here in the uk, which has a ipw2200 card in it, which should support monitor and inject, though i only have the former working ATM.