Thread: USB won't boot

Just burned his ISO

Default USB won't boot

Hi!. First of all I'd like to say I'm not a noob in linux, but this is the only place I could post.

I just downloaded and unzipped the USB ISO in my 4GB drive. I'm using an HP DV67363nr laptop with AMD Turion64 X2 and nVidia 7150M /630M graphics card. I've tried all the boot modes and none of them works to the end, so I tried the safe mode and this is the only way I can get a clue of what's going on. The first problem that came up is very funny: after hitting enter when giving boot options, after detecting PCI bridges, the last message is:
    NET: Registered protocol family 2

and the computer freezes, but it continues when I press the power button. So, the loading up continues, both in graph and safe modes. In graphics mode, and this is a guess, when it runs startx, the screen goes black, then shows the console again with added text, then goes black again, there's HD and USB reading for like 3 seconds more, and then nothing. Computer freezes in a black screen with a cursor on left top, though I can see the caps lock and scroll LEDs switching on and off if I press the keys.

So, in safe-mode, everything starts to load up, the last messages that I get are:
    linux live end, starting the linux distribution
    usage: init 0123456SsQqAaBbCcUu

the caps lock light starts blinking, and computer freezes. There's nothing I can do past here. I have to keep the power button pressed to force shut down.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!

Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

Just burned his ISO

I can boot now. With VESA KDE, ramdisk_size=8888 and even dbt, BT finally boots OK. No fancy 3D fx but auditing works on my atheros (which I had problems with on 4 other distros.)

Just burned his ISO

I'm wondering the same thing I have a 7150m and added the nvidia.lzm module to the usb drive that I made and have had no luck. Can't install the new drivers. And after doing nvidia-xconfig xorg.conf says something about ati devise in the drivers section....