Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem getting WPA Handshake

Cool

Okay the network Im working on now is my friends and he is right next to me on everything I do. I have in fact cracked it once I he used his machine and jumped on the network wirelessly. What im wondering now is that if you have a network with no wireless clients that are on it but it has a WPA key for ever the reason maybe. Is there a way to force the handshake?

Quote Originally Posted by NastyORG View Post
    Hi,
    i can´t crack a WPA network ,of a friend of mine ( we made a bet) i already cracked his WEP key ,but he changed to WPA now, and i just cant make the handshake.
    Can anyone make a step by step tutorial or something, cause i might be wrong in something.
    A) It has already been done

B) Use the damn search function

C) Every heard of grammar / punctuation? Use it

D) Don't hijack other people's threads

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by kdiggity317 View Post
    Okay the network Im working on now is my friends and he is right next to me on everything I do. I have in fact cracked it once I he used his machine and jumped on the network wirelessly. What im wondering now is that if you have a network with no wireless clients that are on it but it has a WPA key for ever the reason maybe. Is there a way to force the handshake?
    The only way you are going to get a handshake is by de-authenticating a client on said network, effectively causing a reconnect / handshake. Period.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Just burned his ISO

Default Try This

If only one station/client MAC is associated and it matches the routers MAC then its not going to work, its not a wireless client 99 percent of the time.
    First put your card on the same channel as the WPA encrypted AP and then test packet inection to make sure your close enough, use command "aireplay-ng -9 [interface]". If aireplay sees the AP and gives over 80 percent you should be good on that front. Also if you run aireplay's arpreplay while deauthinticating the client you should see the deauth packet in being picked up by aireplay, that is only to see the deauth packet it has no effect on the WPA attack.
    Now if you want to go a step further to test your set up, use a seperate laptop and try connecting to the victim AP using a fake passphrase of your choosing. Even though its the wrong one your pc running airodump should capture a handshake (it will not be a valid handshake). If you have done all this and you haven't found the issue, try changing your NIC's MAC to that of the clients and then reperforming the attack.
    If none of this works and it all checks out, the client MAC won't work and you must wait until a second wireless client connects. Sometimes in home networks the router is used as a switch for the LAN and the client can be seen as associated but not be wireless. Some routers also use the same MAC as the desktop/laptop they where set up by.
    Hope this helps and it is not illegal to hack networks in all states. Personnaly I think you did them a favor if you did contact them but I do not condone hacking for unethical reasons. Hope I helped, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12