Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem getting WPA Handshake

Hybrid View

Cool Problem getting WPA Handshake

I wanted to show a friend of mine how easy cracking a WPA key was so I went to crack his. I ran everything the proper way and get airodump-ng to start recording its findings in a file as normal. Now when I go to run deauthetication to force a handshake. I get nothing I let it run for a while and still get nothing. Now I do see on my airodump menu a station with a mac pop up so I tried to attack that machine but still for some reason I dont get a handshake. The data packets are still climing steady I mean I pull about 1500 every 10min or so. So I know no one is using the internet. My real confusion is the mac that comes up as a station yet wont deauthenticat and re-connect. Is that the router? or maybe a firewall built into the router?

Just burned his ISO

Simple Questions:
    You poistive your wirless device supports injection?
    Are you close enough to both the router and the actually device your trying to deauth?

Cool

Yes the card is supported I have been able to do it on my network as well a few unsuspecting neighbors. As for being close to the router yeah I would say yes since when Im booted into windows I can connect to the network well enough to not only get to the internet but also game with out lag at all. The machine that Im trying to deauthenticat Im not sure what it is other then maybe the router throughing out not only a BSSID but also a mac as a station on the network. Im just a bit lost on it all.

Quote Originally Posted by kdiggity317 View Post
    ... I have been able to do it on my network as well a few unsuspecting neighbors....
    bad move dude
    "At least black people knew when they where slaves" Doug stanhope

Thumbs up

Okay hold on let me explain that one a bit. Im a computer tech and all my neighbors bring there computers to me. After cracking any keys they may have I went to all of them in the area around my apartment and explaind to them what I did and how to better things for there network to make it less likely to have anyone do something like this. The whole switch to WPA with alpha/numeric and the whole 9 yards. So yes not the right thing to do but it did help them and they were all thankful of my pen testing on them with out them knowing to show them that the attacks are real and can happen at anytime.

still Illegal dude without there permission first!
    "At least black people knew when they where slaves" Doug stanhope

Just burned his ISO

Default Problem with WPA

Hi,
    i can´t crack a WPA network ,of a friend of mine ( we made a bet) i already cracked his WEP key ,but he changed to WPA now, and i just cant make the handshake.
    Can anyone make a step by step tutorial or something, cause i might be wrong in something.

Cool

Okay the network Im working on now is my friends and he is right next to me on everything I do. I have in fact cracked it once I he used his machine and jumped on the network wirelessly. What im wondering now is that if you have a network with no wireless clients that are on it but it has a WPA key for ever the reason maybe. Is there a way to force the handshake?

Quote Originally Posted by kdiggity317 View Post
    Okay the network Im working on now is my friends and he is right next to me on everything I do. I have in fact cracked it once I he used his machine and jumped on the network wirelessly. What im wondering now is that if you have a network with no wireless clients that are on it but it has a WPA key for ever the reason maybe. Is there a way to force the handshake?
    The only way you are going to get a handshake is by de-authenticating a client on said network, effectively causing a reconnect / handshake. Period.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by NastyORG View Post
    Hi,
    i can´t crack a WPA network ,of a friend of mine ( we made a bet) i already cracked his WEP key ,but he changed to WPA now, and i just cant make the handshake.
    Can anyone make a step by step tutorial or something, cause i might be wrong in something.
    A) It has already been done

B) Use the damn search function

C) Every heard of grammar / punctuation? Use it

D) Don't hijack other people's threads

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast