Thread: Atheros patched drivers

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Atheros patched drivers

following Xploitz no client video tut , i have made it all the way until i get to the part where i need to inject packets.
    once i get that far, it says the attack failed, and lists off a few reason that may cause it
    according to the aircrack site , the atheros chipsets will work with airplay after driver patching.
    my question is, where do i find the patches for the drivers, and how do i properly configure them on BT3?

I don't have the video handy but I'm guessing that what's happening is that this failure is happening when you try running either the fragmentation or chop-chop attack. If found this to be more or less the norm before I started using the Alfa wifi card. It would have been helpful if you mentioned the specific reason why reasons listed as possibe causes of the attack, but if I'm right it mentions something about being too far away, which I found to almost always be the problem.

I never touched the drivers on my atheros card (wg511t) which worked out of the box just like the wifi card list in these forums said it would. Suggestions on how to proceed

- read the aireplay-ng man pages and also reallly study the tutorfial on aircrack-ng.org called somethig like 'cracking wep with no clients.' It's very detailed and specific; I must have read it at least 5 times in ironing out every last kink in the beginning.

- run the aireplay-ng injection test attack, which will tell you whether you're injecting or not, which I'm guessing you are and that your problem lies elsewhere.

- set up your own personal network with wep encryption and make sure there are no clients attached. Then try and follow the video or the tut I mentioned, only this time be standing about 6-8 feet from the access point. If you're injecting but just not close enough this will now work instead of fail and you'll know the problem.

- next time post more specific info, like for starters what kind of card you're using at the very least and also the specific steps leading up to and/or precipitating the failure to which you're referring.

-eX

Just burned his ISO

i figured out what the problems was.
    i was running the BT3 beta, and it didn't have the patched atheros drivers.
    booted into the final and everything ran like a dream