Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brute Force A Router??

Quote Originally Posted by kdiggity317 View Post
    Okay now this is prob going to come back and haunt me after posting this but I have to ask what is DOS? The only thing that keeps coming to mind is the old school prompt based OS before Windows. Im pretty sure Im not right, but being that Im still kinda new to the cracking and pentesting thing I ask.
    DoS=Denial of service

Just means any kind of attack that interrupts the normal operation of a service. Killing internet connectivity, booting a client off a network, etc.
    Morpheus: "You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

Neo: "What if I take both?"

Morpheus: "Don't do that! You end up like Nick Nolte!"

Cool

Oh okay that makes sence. you would be able to do that with out much of an issue. Can you do that with a wired user as well as a wireless? I mean I know if you use

aireplay-ng -0 5 -a (bssid) (card name)

it will kick wireless users off the router. What about with wired users can you use the same command or would you have to use a differnt one for wired users?

Quote Originally Posted by Revelati View Post

One thing I've been wondering about, is there any way to fool a router into thinking that a WLAN client is actually physically connected to the router? One would think that if you can fool clients into thinking that your comp is a router that it should be just as easy to fool a router into thinking that you are a wired client.
    Not that I'm aware of. The wireless radio and wired controller are two physically separate devices. I'd be like trying to get your computer to think your usb mouse was a parallel port printer.

Oh okay that makes sence. you would be able to do that with out much of an issue. Can you do that with a wired user as well as a wireless? I mean I know if you use

aireplay-ng -0 5 -a (bssid) (card name)

it will kick wireless users off the router. What about with wired users can you use the same command or would you have to use a differnt one for wired users?
    aireplay is a wireless command. The quick and dirty dos for a wired connection is to ping the shit out of the device.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Cool

Okay cool is there a way in BT3 to send mass pings with a high packet size?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Okay cool is there a way in BT3 to send mass pings with a high packet size?
    man ping

There's a reason people write manual pages.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Cool

Yeah I knew that I was just wondering if there was anything better pre built into the program. This is the newbie and that was a newbie question Im not trying to be a jerk, but newbie is newbie for a reason.

Okay now this is prob going to come back and haunt me after posting this but I have to ask what is DOS? The only thing that keeps coming to mind is the old school prompt based OS before Windows Im pretty sure Im not right, but being that Im still kinda new to the cracking and pentesting thing I ask.
    "DOS" or more properly "DoS" means "Denial of Service". DoS attacks are usually characterized by flooding a server with an inordinate amount of allowed service requests; for example, http-GET statements to a web server. The shear volume of request floods the input of the server, preventing legitimate users from connecting.

BTW, you might want to evaluate that "old school" statement. If you're going to do much in the way of pentesting, you'd better learn to love the command line.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Oh i have no problem with the command line I was just asking if that was the best way or not thats all.

if you use a non-existing word...nobody can crack it (bruteforce)
    ROFL :D

If you use something not found in the attackers wordlist it wont be cracked.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast