Thread: BT4 in a USB

Just burned his ISO

Default BT4 in a USB

Hi all!

Its a superbegginer question... its going to take you just 30 seconds to answers me...

I downloaded the bt4 vm version, for USB. how can i make it work now? just unzipping the files and saving them in the pen drive? im doing it in this way, and its not working...

Thanks a sorry for such a stupid question. Im sure its bloody easy to do, but... im not able

Cheers.

Kiko

Default Re: BT4 in a USB

Quote Originally Posted by kikolo View Post
    Hi all!

Its a superbegginer question... its going to take you just 30 seconds to answers me...

I downloaded the bt4 vm version, for USB. how can i make it work now? just unzipping the files and saving them in the pen drive? im doing it in this way, and its not working...

Thanks a sorry for such a stupid question. Im sure its bloody easy to do, but... im not able

Cheers.

Kiko
    The vm version is for running in vmware.

Do you want it just to boot into BT or do you want a persistent install?
    Common Knowledge: Username, "root". Password, "toor". "startx" gives you a GUI, and "fix-vesa" will fix BT if you have no GUI. Start networking with "/etc/init.d/networking start" and check your IP settings with "ifconfig -a". "dhclient" will automatically use DHCP for your IP. Google is your friend.

There are lots of tutorials about installing BT4 to USB. The question the OP posted shows not only a lack of linux knowledge but also a lack of computer general knowledge. My advice to OP is to stop tampering with things that are way over his head.
    This is not a 'h4x0r 31337' distro, there's no big shiny "h4x0r i7 n0wz" button and people may stop answering you if you post more questions like this. So, search before you post.