Thread: forum search restrictions

Default forum search restrictions

In being a good lurker, I search a lot on this forum. However, I've found a couple of irritating issues while searching that I'd like some guidance on:

1. Cannot search for any word smaller than 4 letters.

It would be helpful to be able to search for things like eee, arp, 901, the, and (haha, joking). Seriously, I can't remember the others I've tried in the past that would have been helpful but I feel the need is there.

2. There is no boolean search.

No AND, OR, "". Exact phrase, all the words, something qualifying what in the terms to search for. For example, in searching for: ettercap iptables, it finds all posts containing ettercap or iptables, not both. And again, an exact phrase search option would be beneficial, IMO.

Thanks...

vBulletin based forums are not exactly known for their superior search functions, which is why one of out forum members kindly provided us with this custom google search engine:
    http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=00...%3Avpdhc1qej9k

The three letter minimum restriction is however possible to get around by using the asterisk (*) character.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Suhweet! Bookmarked...

Maybe a link to that in the rules somewhere when it mentions searching? I probably just skimmed over it and missed this somewhere.