Thread: ettercap

Hybrid View

Default ettercap

Greetings.

I have setup a home laboratory and with ettercap tried to sniff on eth0 on my laptop a desktop pc wich has all firewall configurations extended tu full. I also got reported of paswords and usernames i loged on my desktop with MITM attack but when I try https or some secure network on my desktop pc says it cant progress.
    So I tried installing openssl and it installs good but am not sure how to configure it with ettercap and will it work then. I also tried login to the gmail account and it didnt let me in.

Best regards MAxHalz.

P.S. Also tried to search for internet but there is no general howto so am unsure how to do this. Any replies would be of great help.

thx for the link, will try that

The advice to uncomment the two lines in the etter.conf file does not apply to BT3F as this is already done by default.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Good to know...thanks Tron.

I'll go back to my hole for a while

So, how cant I sniff my own connection with secure connection like gmail and some other sites?
    What about openssl and how to configure it succesfully?
    I have downloaded a libtool but not sure how to use it for openSSL code.
    Is there a way to reconfigure openSSL and invent my own certificate and then run it from ettercap?
    I saw some tuts on using lib tools but they are for expert use and feel a bit lost.
    I will try lowering my firewall level to low and then report. Also will search google again and hope to find the answer.
    Also any sugestions are welcomed.

Best regards MaxHalz.