Thread: backtrack3 vmware edition problem

Just burned his ISO

Default backtrack3 vmware edition problem

hi please help i download backtrack3 vmware edition but it didnt work help me see pic

w ww7.0zz0.com/2008/09/29/13/753599713.jpg

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy

help me please

Just burned his ISO

You don't need a 'vmware' edition... you can use any ISO of backtrack!

I prefer the "stripped down version" which I modified with the latest rt73 drivers (since my device works best with the latest drivers)

You don't even need anything installed on the machine, just use the ISO image like in the CDROM drive... (as shown in my image below)

your image url seems to be invalid as it didn't work for me...

h t t p : / / i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll256/steve8x/vmwarebacktrack.png

I have windows server 2008 installed on my vmware but thats irrelevant. Just make it use the ISO, then when the VMware loads quickly press the boot menu, or go into the bios and change the boot order so it boots from CD-ROM drive first!

I like doing this so that you can be in windows while simultaneous in backtrack 3 (NOTE: if you want to use a wifi device like for WEP/WPA cracking for example, it MUST be a USB device, VMware's can only see the device if it is USB...)

Make sure you plug the device in after BT is already loaded in the VMware otherwise it doesn't seem to see it... Once you have BT loaded, instead of shutting down the VMware which you would need to boot to BT again, I like to save a snapshot, so you can quickly be back in BT without having to boot it again

You can as steve8x says use a regular backtrack.iso. If you want to be able to save your changes, there is a nice tutorial for installing backtrack 2 in vmware here: http://baseunderattack.com/2007/08/1...2-in-vmware-6/
    It works fine for backtrack 3 final up to step 7, as bt3 does not have an installer. Then just follow one of the tutorials on this forum for installing bt3 from the shell.
    When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean. -- Lin-Chi
    - - - - - - - -
    I slept once, it was a Tuesday.