Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: eeePC 70x enhancing module

Quote Originally Posted by sid77 View Post
    when the lid is closed it shut down the eee. there is no way to suspend BT3: like slackware 12.0, the stock kernel does not have CONFIG_PMU_SUSPEND enabled.
    Here's the relevant content of /etc/acpi/actions/lid.sh:
    Code:
    # Check if lid is closed..
    grep -q closed /proc/acpi/button/lid/LID/state
    if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
        # ...then poweroff
        /sbin/shutdown -h now "Lid closed"
    fi
    note to self: hmm... maybe it's better to call the same functions used by powerbtn.sh to logout the user from kde
    OK, thanks for clearing that up.

Edit: I figured out why I thought it was going to sleep: the green power LED remains lit, and the fan remains on.

I was able to observe the eee shut down when the lid was closed, by closing it and then opening it. The message that the lid had been closed and the system was shutting down was then displayed. After that they system did shutdown, but even so the green power LED remains lit, and the fan remains on.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

...hm,
    i wanted to change "shutdown -h now" in lid.sh with kdesktop_lock --forcelock command but i got nothing when i close lid ...i tried some other stuff to start, but no success
    ...it is little weird for me 'couse finaly i changed my lid.sh in

#!/bin/bash

if [ `cat /proc/acpi/button/lid/LID/state|awk '{print $2}'` == "open" ];
    then
    exit 0;
    else
    /sbin/MYCOMMAND
    fi

and ...nothing
    ...i mean if i put "shutdown" instead of MYCOMMAND it's working again but shutdown is not what i wanted to get
    ...path is ok
    ...sid77? ...maybe i missed something ...this should be just another small shell script, or i'm i wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    After that they system did shutdown, but even so the green power LED remains lit, and the fan remains on.
    it's a well known problem: you've to rmmod (or modprobe -r) snd-hda-intel in your rc.local_shutdown (next time try to do a little research, ok? ;-) )
    I didn't create a rc.local_shutdown in my module as it's a quite "personal" file and should never be touched too much by modules
    EeePC 70x enhancing module: http//sid77.slackware.it/bt3/

Quote Originally Posted by loop4me View Post
    i wanted to change "shutdown -h now" in lid.sh with kdesktop_lock --forcelock command but i got nothing when i close lid
    use my script directly and change the "/sbin/shutdown -h now "Lid closed"" line.
    it's much simpler, isn't it?

...sid77,

...maybe i didin't make my self clear, i try that!
    ...of course, first i make change in your script ...replace "shutdown -r now " with some other command (kdesktop_lock --forcelock in the first place) ...but nothing hapens ...then i tried puting some other command insted of "kdesktop_lock" on the "shutdown" place ...i'm steel talking about your scrip
    ...but i got no respons

...so i tried to replace hole script with new one (man, just 'couse this what comes to my mind, after so many tries...) ...scrip i made, didn't make any different, it was ok but only with "shutdown" ...no respons with other commands too ...hm
    ... ?

The script runs inside a console enviroment and not in an X11 one, so you cannot use any X11 commands: they'll fail miserably because there's no $DISPLAY set.
    In order to communicate to kde components via the shell you'll have to use dcop, a quick google search about dcop and sceen locking reveals this page: http://linux.playofmind.net/extra_keys/ (command at about half of the page), try it.

Quote Originally Posted by sid77 View Post
    it's a well known problem: you've to rmmod (or modprobe -r) snd-hda-intel in your rc.local_shutdown (next time try to do a little research, ok? ;-) )
    I didn't create a rc.local_shutdown in my module as it's a quite "personal" file and should never be touched too much by modules
    For what it's worth, I'm more that happy to do the research, and will be checking this further if it every really bothers me. The comment was to merely illustrate why I was under the impression that it was in sleep mode.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Just burned his ISO

Default not sure what to do

I have bt3 on hard drive install so I ran lzm2dir eeepc701.lzm / and now I cant get x to start and I was wondering if someone could help me fix or undo this?

Using it, and loving it.
    Thanx a lot sid77

I'm glad it helps

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234