Thread: Atheros AR5008 802.11 n

Just burned his ISO

Default Atheros AR5008 802.11 n

Thanks a lot backtrack team for a wonderful release!

Just wondering if anyone has tried injection on this card (in macbooks).

I will try later today when I get a hold of some CD's to make a livecd

Happy Holidays!

Just burned his ISO

Hello, I recently downloaded BT3 abd installed it to my USB thumb drive. I also have a Thinkpad T61 that uses the Atheros AR5008 chipset. My problem is this, I find that wireless assistant not to be very reliable in connecting to wireless access points. In other distros of Linux, like Suse, and Fedora, I used network manager to connected very easy to different AP's that used wpa2 encryption. Seeing BT3 uses kde, I would like to use Kdenetwork manager to manage my wireless access points much like I did in the other distros. My question is this, is there any good tuts on how is the best way of installing kdenetwork manager? I have tried downloading the source code for kdenetwork and im in dependenacy hell with it. I tried searching the forums for any information, but only found to posts that just mentioned it briefly but didnt go into details. i know you can set this all up via the shell, but i am at a college campus that has wireless APs all over campus, even in the dorms and having to edit config files everytime I changed AP's would get annoying fast. Hince my need for something like kdenetwork manager that works a whole lot better than wifi assistant or wifi manager... thank you in advance for anyone that might be able to help me or atleast get me started in the correct direction.

use gslapt-get,
    is the best way of installing kdenetwork manager