Thread: Wildcard downloading?

Just burned his ISO

Question Wildcard downloading?

I was wondering how,using BackTrack,can I download files that can be viewed,if full address is specified,but cannot be listed?For example we have the following address:

example.org/somefile_6435.jpg

and let's say a hundred pictures with random addresses of the type:

example.org/somefile_****.jpg

It's time-consuming to manually try all the 10000 variations for a hundred files,so I guess there should be a script that can probe all the possible addresses and download the found files for me.I'm trying to overcome facebook privacy restrictions,given that I know the user's photos directory and the filenames,except for the last four digits,which as it seems to me are randomly generated.Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by whatevertux View Post
    I'm trying to overcome facebook privacy restrictions,given that I know the user's photos directory and the filenames,except for the last four digits,which as it seems to me are randomly generated.Thanks for the help!
    You are not going to get any help on this forum.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Um... Two things. First, this seems kinda sketchy, so you probably won't get any real help. Second (and this is all you'll get from me), I may be wrong, but I thin you're using the wrong wildcard.