Thread: belkin F5D7000 packet injection

Just burned his ISO

Default belkin F5D7000 packet injection

greetz all

anyone had any luck with getting it working?
    if so can they tell me what they did cos i have had enough of it now lol

You never mentioned the chipset that comes with this device nor did you mention the pci:id of this device.

Just burned his ISO

ah sorry

i don't know how to find out the pci:id

but the chipset is BCM4306

Quote Originally Posted by bored292 View Post
    ah sorry

i don't know how to find out the pci:id

but the chipset is BCM4306
    According to the list of supported chipsets the BCM4306 should be supported by the BCM43XX driver included in BT3F. What exactly have you tried to do to get it into monitor mode? The following command should do the trick in my opinion
    Code:
    airmon-ng start eth1
    Just replace eth1 with the correct interface and after this run the injection test in aireplay-ng.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

i can get it into monitor mode with no problem

but then if i do

Code:
     aireplay-ng -1 0 -e ssid -a macofap -h mymac dev
    it just tries to send its authentification request but never authenticates

The authentication problem is most likely not related to any problems with actually injecting. Most likely you are not close enough to the AP in order for it to hear you.

How far away from the AP are you and have you made sure that it does not have MAC filtering enabled?
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

oh hhmm

well im about 4 meters from it if that lol

and no it aint its literally only got wep turned on

i will speak to my mate later on and see if i can get him to let me try on his router and see if it works

Just burned his ISO

Well I've had bad experience with belkin products, And I would never buy one again!! The belkin I have is a F5D7050 (version 4xxx i think)

The drivers it came with did not work well for even WINDOWS what it is meant for! (example you plug it in and install the drivers and they don't work!) Even going to the belkin site for the latest drivers provided by them didn't seem to work either... I had to figure out that the chipset is ralink rt2500, and I downloaded the drivers from ralink's website...

with those drivers I was able to get the device working SOMEWHAT... it still is horrible, you have to repeatedly unplug and plug back in the device [smack it around a bit too ] to get the damned light to start blinking! that's not even the end of it, Once in a while for no reason the light will stop blinking and then you'll have to lather rinse and repeat the unplugging and smacking it around to get it goin again! Even worse if you as much as move the device around a little bit, it will stop blinking and you'll have to play with it some more!!

Sometimes it even forgets the device is installed and you'll have to re-install the drivers again!! what a pain! next thing you know your up to "Wireless Connection 137" LOL!! as it makes a new connection each plug in and out...

And the drivers for linux I haven't found any that worked, mainly because the device it self doesn't work... And you know why I even bought a belkin in the first place!? because I didn't know they made horrible products (should've done a little research) and it was the only wifi device they had in the store! (not naming the store) but lets just say I should've went to best buy!

I should have returned it but oh wells its too late now (its possible that my particular device could be just defective and other belkins of the same model are fine but I think not! as I've read online with people having similar issues with the same device)

Now I bought a Hawking HWUG1 (after I decided I didn't want to play around with the belkin anymore to even get it work just for basic internet connectivity)

I got the hawking because it has an rt73 chipset and on the BT website its on the list of USB devices with working packet injection + monitor mode! And I found it in best buy, so I could goto the store and purchase it without waiting for it in the mail!

And I've got a say Its a great device! it works great (as long as you use the latest ASPj driver version 3.0.1)

[/rant]

Anyway you might want to give this command a try!

iwpriv [deviceinterface] rfmontx 1

it has been said that that explicitly enables packet injection!

Fake Authentication should work if your device actually works!

also do

iwconfig [deviceinterface] rate 1M

as It has happened to me before where fake auth didn't work! then as soon as I lowered the rate to 1M instead of 54M it just WORKED!

the rate DOES affect it!!

even though 1M is slower than 54M

I'd rather have it work slowly but surely, than fast but not working

wouldnt you?