Thread: using genpmk with wordlist

Just burned his ISO

Default using genpmk with wordlist

when running genpmk to create a rainbow table for cracking a wpa key is it normal that it only converts one key per second or is there a switch to speed this up and does case matter when converting these,i mean do you need to have the words in the wordlist in uppercase and also lowercase for this to be succesfull?
    im in the middle of creating my first table to test it but i just thought id ask here,thanks for any replys

Quote Originally Posted by commandr View Post
    when running genpmk to create a rainbow table for cracking a wpa key is it normal that it only converts one key per second or is there a switch to speed this up and does case matter when converting these,i mean do you need to have the words in the wordlist in uppercase and also lowercase for this to be succesfull?
    im in the middle of creating my first table to test it but i just thought id ask here,thanks for any replys
    The speed will depend solely on the hardware that you are running, but one key per second sounds really slow. What kind of machine are you using?

As the passphrase is case sensitive the password will only be found if the exact character combination can be found in the wordlist.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

hey thanks for your reply tron,im running bactrack 3 from usb drive on an intel core 2 duo 1.8ghz toshiba tecra laptop,i dont mind leaving genpmk running for a few days to let it complete but i just thought that a faster processer would make it faster but it is the same on my slower desktop but thanks for the help