Thread: BT3 VM has corruption and syncing issues with the VMDK file

Just burned his ISO

Default BT3 VM has corruption and syncing issues with the VMDK file

The BT3 VM I am using was built with a 256mb RAM, which is inadequate for running eclipse wtp. When I use the VM properties to increase the RAM to 512mb or 1024mb, both within the physical limits supported by my system, the VM randomly throws an error which has to do with a corruption of the VMDK file.

I have the screenshot of the error message that I get, but the forum rules prevent me from posting the image (a little annoying, i must admit). Also, note that the error refers to a possible "network issue", which doesn't apply in this case as the VMDK file is stored on the local hard disk. I searched the forum for any other posts along these lines, but couldn't find any. So, please any guidance or help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.

Maybe check your downloaded vm version's md5sum, if no go, try installing it using cd method and into the vm.

Also you didn't specify which vm product you are using, which versions, which alterations you have made, etc.

Just burned his ISO

I am using VMware Workstation version 6.0.5 build-109488. I have checked the md5 sum of the downloaded VM and there is no file corruption. There are no alterations to the VM and everything is supposed to be at the LKG state.

I also ran a Windows Vista scandisk of my system hardrive to check for bad sectors/sector corruption and anything along those lines and that check came back negative for bad HD sectors.

Cheers and Thanks for the help. :-)