Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can aircrack do brute force on WPA

Hi
    I am looking at rainbow tables to crack my WPA strong password but can't figure out to save the hashes to a file which rcrack can read. Can this be done with airodump-ng which I use for a dictionary attack, but now my password is a mix, dictionary wont work The rcrack samples use txt files but does not work on airodump.txt because it's not hashes. Any ideas?
    mant thanks

Quote Originally Posted by parrotface View Post
    Hi
    I am looking at rainbow tables to crack my WPA strong password but can't figure out to save the hashes to a file which rcrack can read. Can this be done with airodump-ng which I use for a dictionary attack, but now my password is a mix, dictionary wont work The rcrack samples use txt files but does not work on airodump.txt because it's not hashes. Any ideas?
    mant thanks
    As far as I remember rcrack will not work when any kind of salt is added to the hashes, therefore it is mostly used to crack MD5 and LM passwords. WPA on the other hand will use the ESSID of the AP as a salt for the hash, which means that you will have to use another program and rainbow tables for it to work. I suggest that you look into either airolib-ng or coWPAtty.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by theberries View Post
    Sorry, but that makes zero sense to me.
    The sense would be that you wouldnt keep the 100GB big libs with passwords. Only one password - the last one, you've tested. And then you add 1 to it to get the next pswd and replace the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by theberries View Post
    So, I assume you mean taking a program and having it spit out every possible combination of numbers, letters, and special characters. Great. Starting with what? 0? Seems terribly ineffecient to me.
    Once you've got some hints about the possible pswd, you could try narrowing down the possibilities (some ISP's set up their routers with 8-char+numbers pswd's only... Sky? :PPP)

Hi,

- I use with good results Airolib-ng.
    - I downbload Rainbow-Table from Shmoo Group: This for for use hash tables in Airolib-ng (cowpatty format)
    1) Download wpa_psk-h1kari_renderman
    2) Uncompres and extract .tar file
    Code:
    lzma -d /wpa_psk-h1kari_renderman/wpa_tables.tar.lzma
    tar -xf wpa_tables.tar
    3) Create Hash table for Airolib-ng
    Code:
    airolib-ng NETGEAR_TABLE --import cowpatty /media/Maxtor-1T/wpa_psk-h1kari_renderman/xag-0/NETGEAR
    Bye jano
    Wireless: ALFA-AWUS036H, AWUS050NH, D-Link DWL-G650, D-Link DWL-G122, ZyXel G220, Linksys WUB54GR, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123