Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: exploiting seperate Networks

Default exploiting seperate Networks

I can use netcat and metasploit and everything proficiently on my own network but i was wondering what do i do to do it on a friends computer of mine 50 miles away? which ip address do i need and are there any other things i need to know?

Someone please help me..me and my friend are in distress....

Quote Originally Posted by jhonnycage828 View Post
    I can use netcat and metasploit and everything proficiently on my own network but i was wondering what do i do to do it on a friends computer of mine 50 miles away? which ip address do i need and are there any other things i need to know?

Have a look at the metasploit wiki & manual.
    Make a search about 'man in the middle attack'
    Think that should solve your questions and give you some basic knowledge...
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

Quote Originally Posted by terminal86 View Post
    Did he not already say he was proficient with metaploit?
    Make a search about 'man in the middle attack'
    How is a MitM attack going to help him here unless he has a foothold in "his" friend's network, or at the very least the relay point between the two?

Think that should solve your questions and give you some basic knowledge...
    I think not....

First of all, wow. You are in way over your head. The IP address you need is "his" of course. Albeit that may not be the only one you need depending on the network setup, but it is kind of an important thing to have isn't it

You need to enumerate all information possible about "him" and "his" network setup. What ports are open? What services are running? Is there a DMZ? What kind of IDS is running, if any? These are all questions you should be asking yourself.

Before you do any of that you need to do your homework. Read up on all architecture you know he is running, the tools you know you are going to use, and anticipate that something is going to go unexpectedly, then, read some more. There is no benefit in jumping right in, and you may in fact find yourself in a world of hurt should the ISPs involved catch hold of what you may plan on doing.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by jhonnycage828 View Post

Are you planning on attempting this over the internet via your ISP, if so, you might want to seriously reconsider your actions.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Are you planning on attempting this over the internet via your ISP, if so, you might want to seriously reconsider your actions.
    Oh, contraire. I think he should just go for it. Then he should report back on how it goes.

Well, I mean he should report back once the parole board lets him out.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Good friend of the forums

I have w3af and nessus CGI script on my comcast connection you have to throttle nessus but it works fine and I use it about once a month I also have portable w3af and portable nessus I use on a USB stick

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by terminal86 View Post
    Did he not already say he was proficient with metaploit?
    Yet look at the questions he posed
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

So even with the permissions i have from my friend it is illegal to do this over an isp?

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    may have just posted twice... not sure im new to forums in general... is it illegal even with my permissions from the friend to do this through an ISP? If so is there any other possible way to do this?

oh yeah his computer is not a server of any kind... it is just a regular computer and we want to connect them through the internet so we can mess with each others computers... just for learning purposes...and to do it...by saying proficient i mean i've figured out the basics and have exploited my own computer via backtrack on vmware...

thank you all for your help and hopefully i will be proficient enough with backtrack to help all of you and everyone else one day....but i doubt it...:-(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast