Thread: Installing VMWare Player in BT3 ?

Just burned his ISO

Question Installing VMWare Player in BT3 ?

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Player 2.05 for VM's site but it's failing with the following:

error: Failed dependencies:
    /bin/sh is needed by VMwarePlayer-2.0.5-109488

sh does exist but its a link: sh -> bash*

just wondering if anyone has managed to install the player?

Cheers
    M

I have been wanted to try this but I haven't have the time yet, besides that I ran out of space and need to figure out how to tell bt3 to install it on the sd card instead of harddrive. Use the tutorial from balding_parrot on installing vmware server. It seems you need to install a patch before you can install vmware player. I know the tutorial is about installing the server version of vmware, but I believe you should be able to follow the steps to install the vmware player.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...ghlight=vmware

Let me know how it went.

Just burned his ISO

yeah - i've gone down the whole tutorial road (written for BT2 tho & VMserver) and it fails on location of C headers... even used the exact same software as he did. Don't think anyone's pulled this off with current BT3 install tho unfortunately.

running a fresh install now so giving it another go - seems everyone wants to run BT inside VM and i want to do opposite! always been odd me ;-)

I installed VMware Player on BT3 beta without any problems whatsoever, have not installed it on the final version yet though.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    I installed VMware Player on BT3 beta without any problems whatsoever, have not installed it on the final version yet though.
    Could you wirte down how you did it. Did you follow the above procedures or did you do something else?

Quote Originally Posted by algemy View Post
    Could you wirte down how you did it. Did you follow the above procedures or did you do something else?
    I honestly do not remember the exact steps I took to install VMware Player, but didn't follow any guide as far as I can recall. If I get around to install it in BT3 Final I will be happy to describe the procedure if you still need it at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murtaugh666 View Post
    yeah - i've gone down the whole tutorial road (written for BT2 tho & VMserver) and it fails on location of C headers... even used the exact same software as he did. Don't think anyone's pulled this off with current BT3 install tho unfortunately.

running a fresh install now so giving it another go - seems everyone wants to run BT inside VM and i want to do opposite! always been odd me ;-)
    Have you checked out the last post in the thread linked to by algemy? It seems to address the exact problem you are having with C headers:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...7&postcount=91
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.