Thread: Cantenna 14dBi with Built-in USB wifi adapter

Just burned his ISO

Question Cantenna 14dBi with Built-in USB wifi adapter

Hey guys,

I am new and I was reading about the Alfa it seems that is the best choice, but I found this one on ebay, please check it out.

Have any of you tried this Cantenna 14dBi with Built-in USB wifi adapter?

please add the H T T P: / / to the link below....

cgi.ebay.com/Wifi-Networking-Signal-booster-catch-Wireless-Router_W0QQitemZ150284873062QQihZ005QQcategoryZ582 99QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is this better than Alfa? If you are asking me why it will be the use? to have it indoor on a desk, but it seems that it is very powerful!

What do you think? Alfa or this antenna?

"This is a directional unit (around 30 degree angle)
    802.11b / 802.11g (Atheros Chipset, zydas1211b)"

I was wondering about this, because it has "Atheros" chipset and Alfa has Realtek.

Any advise?

thank you

Developer

Atheros cards use the madwifi drivers and there are NO usb wifi cards that are supported by madwifi. That means that a atheros USB wifi card is pretty much useless.

Just burned his ISO

thank you for the answer, I really appreciate it !

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Atheros cards use the madwifi drivers and there are NO usb wifi cards that are supported by madwifi. That means that a atheros USB wifi card is pretty much useless.
    useless? what makes it useless? i didnt recall him/her say that he want's to crack his/hers AP?

For common use it will be OK, but alfa has all that plus salt&pepper (injection, more power than daily non-cracking granny would use and huge ammount of users)
    Finnish apprentice i am!

Quote Originally Posted by kolehti View Post
    useless? what makes it useless? i didnt recall him/her say that he want's to crack his/hers AP?
    Well, he/she will have to use the windows drivers for the card along with NDISwrapper, a pretty crippling approach that should be avoided unless no other options are available.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

PureHate, Tron, Kolehti,

Sorry that I missed your answers I really appreciate all your answers, actually I was looking the card for experiment with my routers, so I decided to buy the Alfa, I am very happy with it, very powerful when you have weak signal with your notebook.

I have two routers:
    1) Actiontec from Qwest
    2) Linksys from Tmobile where I use my phone for $ 10.00 from DSL and it has wireless too, so I can experiment with both routers, I did my first test reading everything from xploitz about WEP, it worked like a charm.

now, it is time to play with WPAS, I don't have clue how it works the wordlists and how to load them from the live cd. I am trying to read as much as I can, but sometimes it is worthless to get my answer or what I need to know.

If I ever ask some stupid questions, please have me patience, I do not know anything about unix/linux, and yes if you want to call me stupid that's fine, I learn by reading, asking and by trial and error. Trial and error is a long way to learn, but sometimes I learn it in that way.

Also, I want to ask you other stupid question,

How change the setting from this great forum to read all the threads ascendent on dates, not descent on dates ?

when click it on a topic/thread to read, the first thing that I read is the last answer, not the first question / answer. Any help?

Sorry for all incovenience, but I have tried to check settings and I am lost !

Just burned his ISO

Fellows,
    nevermind, I already fixed the problem I was searching all options until I could ! :P
    LOL
    anyway, thank you