Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looks like this is the only place i can post

Just burned his ISO

Default looks like this is the only place i can post

Well i have come to the conclusion that bt3 is not bootable from usb from a vista machine

Developer

vista has nothing to with it. Your computer either boots from USB or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoslim View Post
    Well i have come to the conclusion that bt3 is not bootable from usb from a vista machine
    You're not trying to boot BT3 from within Windows are you?

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Like most every thing else, Back|Track isn't Vista compatible.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Like most every thing else, Back|Track isn't Vista compatible.
    Bulls*** ! I was running BT3 under Vista VMware , USB-Boot , finaly Hdd install ...

If it was a real joke , i'm sorry.
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

Just burned his ISO

well on most computers usb booting is supported, unless you are using a really old computer (like with a windows 2000 operating system) your chances are slim. VISTA is very much a recent operating system. vista supports for the most part new computers and came a decent amount of time after usb booting became standard. Booting off of a vista capable machine should be about 99.998% possible.

Backtrack is not an Application you run while on windows (it can be through VMware and the special BT download) and is a full Linux distribution. You may need to change your boot priority. To do this you must restart your computer (and make sure your USB key is in). when it starts back up you want to press the BIOS Key. This key varies by manufacturers. google BIOS key to see what your bios key is. press the bios key immediately when your computer starts, some computer have a splash screen but some boot extremely fast and don't give you much of a chance to press the BIOS key. Once in, you want to navigate with your arrow keys to the Boot page or to a part that reads Boot priority.

Quote Originally Posted by terminal86 View Post
    Bulls*** ! I was running BT3 under Vista VMware , USB-Boot , finaly Hdd install ...

If it was a real joke , i'm sorry.
    Yes, it was a joke genius....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    Yes, it was a joke genius....
    Where's Peanut when you need him??
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Where's Peanut when you need him??
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!

I was going to post a picture, but then I got stuck watching him on youtube....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast