Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HELP PLEASE! obtain router serial

shadowkill you may well be a senior member and have more knowledge on this subject than me, but just remember we all have to start somewhere, and the fact that you think your so high and mighty just makes you a pompous knob head!
    Fair enough though, you can think or believe what you want!

Quote Originally Posted by slim76 View Post
    Oh i see!
    I posted the SSID's, MAC's, wpa2 Passkey's and i even posted the formula to work out the default passkey!
    How would i know all this and have the passkeys and all the other details if i didnt own the routers?
    shadowkill you may well be a senior member and have more knowledge on this subject than me, but just remember we all have to start somewhere, and the fact that you think your so high and mighty just makes you a pompous knob head!
    Well gee, I think the fact that all of "your" information you said you posted, of which I see none, is the majority of the information needed to perform the very basics of wireless cracking..... Do you see why I am talking down to you?

I do not think I am better than anyone else. More knowledgable in certain areas, most likely. Smarter than the average script kiddie, most definately. Am I Kevin Mitnick? No, but I know garbage when I smell it.

You come at us with BS comments like "Hey, I have the SSIDs, MACs, and passkey's for these systems, they must be mine!" and my personal favorite, "...I even posted the formula to workout the default passkey!" and expect us to take you seriously? Because you are the only one that can possibly have that formula, based on the simple fact that the routers are "yours"....

You want my "expert" opinion? You are phishing for a way to grab serials so you can plug them into the reverse Sky passkey generator and steal your neighbor's wifi.

Pretty close?

I thought so....

EDIT: I see now that the information you are referring to was posted, no surprise, in the "Sky router WPA algorithm available" subforum.... Do you really think you're fooling us? You even asked for more resources for generating Sky passkeys as well as asking the same question as your original post. Not only is that cross-posting, it's stupid. We aren't going to go there, not now, not ever. Give it up and move on....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Firstly i clearly stated that i am trying to perform a wireless attack, but it is my own network.
    Secondly the sky passkey generator only works with sky wpa as far as i know, and tiscali gigaset router is wpa2 as default.
    Also the method i found to obtain the default wpa2 passkey is not the same as sky.
    Check it all out for your self if you doubt me!
    Plus if i wanted to steal someones internet i wouldnt have to go to all this trouble, as there is the sky generator and speedtouch generator aswell as being able to crack wep easy, so why would i waste all my time with wpa2!

Firstly i clearly stated that i am trying to perform a wireless attack, but it is my own network.
    Secondly the sky passkey generator only works with sky wpa as far as i know, and tiscali gigaset router is wpa2 as default.
    Also the method i found to obtain the default wpa2 passkey is not the same as sky.
    Check it all out for your self if you doubt me!
    Plus if i wanted to steal someones internet i wouldnt have to go to all this trouble, as there is the sky generator and speedtouch generator aswell as being able to crack wep easy, so why would i waste all my time with wpa2!
    I don't care at all about your router(s). That's not the point. You wanted to know how to grab serials wirelessly when you, presumably, have your own right in front of you. Why else would you want that information unless it was to use it on someone else's setup? Do what you will, I'm done with this discussion. If your intentions are to learn, then I stand corrected. You are, however, dealing with a very touchy subject and I caution you that depending on how you pursue gaining that knowledge, as illustrated perfect via this thread, you are going to find it a very difficult journey indeed.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

I can respect that!
    The only reason i wanted to obtain the serial was to see how easy it was and if it could be done, and possibly make some sort of contribution to the backtrack community!
    Not all of us r criminals.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

I can respect that!
    The only reason i wanted to obtain the serial was to see how easy it was and if it could be done, and possibly make some sort of contribution to the backtrack community!
    Not all of us r criminals.
    Have you looked at the Configuration pages of the router and see if the serial number that is used is in there?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

I've never seen any access point or router have it's serial number in it's firmware.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Developer

I'm going to have to jump in here and caution every one about the name calling and general harassing of each other. I actually feel the discussion still has a little merit so I'm not going to close the thread yet however I believe it needs some redirection.

Its true grabbing the macs and serials of remote routers is a grey area however much of what we discuss here is a grey area so I feel its still a valid topic.

On the other hand its true that the whole story sounds fishy and you have not yet provided a valid reason for you wanting to learn this vector of attack.

Lets please try to get along and stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    I'm going to have to jump in here and caution every one about the name calling and general harassing of each other. I actually feel the discussion still has a little merit so I'm not going to close the thread yet however I believe it needs some redirection.

Its true grabbing the macs and serials of remote routers is a grey area however much of what we discuss here is a grey area so I feel its still a valid topic.

On the other hand its true that the whole story sounds fishy and you have not yet provided a valid reason for you wanting to learn this vector of attack.

Lets please try to get along and stay on topic.
    Aggreed, and I will step up and apologize for jumping the gun a bit. I do feel as though this is sketchy but it's not my call to make really. That's what our Mods are for

For the sake of redeeming yourself and correcting my initial argument, what exactly is going to be the end result of this should you actually attain the "how-to"s of grabbing said serial(s) via wireless?

~ShadowKill

Agreed, I apologize too!
    My reason for trying all this is to hightlight a vunribility in the tiscali router, and to inform anyone interested that a vunribility does exist!
    The way i see it is the more people that hear about it the better, and steps can be taken to secure their own network better!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast