Thread: What does the VGA codes mean

Just burned his ISO

Default What does the VGA codes mean

Hi,

Sorry to bother with this really basic question, but I was looking for where I can find what the VGA codes are. I remember stumbling across this a long time ago but I can't seem to find the page anymore.

I seem to recall roughly that vga=791 gives 1024x768, but I can't remember the other resolutions and I can't remember how they are calculated.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rgds,

Developer

Just burned his ISO

Sometimes you need to know the correct search terms to use. I was searching along the lines of it being a Backtrack command line argument, cuz I needed a resolution that wasn't listed on most of the sites' tables, but I found it modifying your search terms.

Many apologies & Thanks!

Just burned his ISO

Search on RE is always tough too because things seem to get off topic so most everything ya search for you get about 20 pages of results to sift through. Usually the info. is out there, just gotta keep looking.

Default Try this.....

This works better than the RE search function, especially for terms under 4 characters http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=00...%3Avpdhc1qej9k

If you find it useful then bookmark it and pass it on to other members, i'm always amazed more people don't use it/quote it more often. Many thanks go to SH@M@N VIRTUEL for creating it.

@ph: This link helped me loads as a noob, anychance of a sticky for it in the newbie area? I know its not as good as us actually learning the 'google-fu' for ourselves, but it would help with the nippy 2/3/4 character searches that the RE search can bugger up sometimes.....

TT
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.