Thread: Remote Desktop Acces School Project

Just burned his ISO

Default Remote Desktop Acces School Project

Hi guys, new to this forum&backtrack. Got a backtrack 3.0 cd.. here's my question:

For a school (security) project we have to do this:

There are 5 laptops in one network (all wired), we go and sit with our own laptop near them, and crack the WEP-key (that did work, ill know how to do that!) but then we have to get a remote-control access to one of the laptops. We have to totally control it. Open programms, go to a website, type a message. and finally shutdown the pc.

But here comes the problem;

HOW DO I DO THIS ?! and with what exploit/software/etc.

Hope you guys can help!

Quote Originally Posted by Awsom View Post
    Hi guys, new to this forum&backtrack. Got a backtrack 3.0 cd.. here's my question:

There are 5 laptops in one network (all wired), we go and sit with our own laptop near them, and crack the WEP-key (that did work, ill know how to do that!) but then we have to get a remote-control access to one of the laptops. We have to totally control it. Open programms, go to a website, type a message. and finally shutdown the pc.

Hope you guys can help!
    There are multiple ways to gain remote control of a computer, all depending on the circumstances and services running at the target machine, of which you tell us nothing. Most of all this sounds like yet another poor attempt at social engineering.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Awsom View Post

Hope you guys can help!
    So you want us to do your schoolwork for you? I believe that the proper response to this has to do with sand and pounding it in a certain crevice.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

not quite familiar with metasploit... but it could 'come handy? it would show you that what attacks would be avaible to target machine? or are metasploit made to attack only routers?
    Finnish apprentice i am!

Developer

Lame ass attempt at SE.