Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exploit Failed

Cool Exploit Failed

I have (as some know been working on a project for school) I'm in the final stage of that now which is gaining access to a computer. I asked a simulare question as to how to do that but I have found my answer. I have been trying to use metasploit 3 every time I try to run any of them that copy an exe to the target machine and run that exe I get this error. Exploit failed: Cannot assign requested address - bind(2)

Im using the GUI version of the program and the target machine is running Windows XP SP3. Any ideas that anyone might have would be great.

Developer

Obviously the target box is patched OR that particular payload will not work in that situation.

Cool

that is kinda what i thought. How would I know (If I was using this on a network and the target machine was lets say a vista or an XP box that I dont know its updated). Where would I look to see that? I have been using auto map to map out my network and get the IP for the system I want to attack. Does that program tell me if the system is updated or patched?

Developer

You need to take a few steps back to recon and nmap. The point of a well conducted port scan is to determine what services and what versions of those services are running on what port. Once armed with this information then one would score the exploit sites or look through metasploits arsenal in order to find a matching exploit. Contrary to popular belief it can some times take weeks of recon in order to pull off a successful penetration of a target network.

Cool

Okay thanks for the input on it. Makes alot of sence doing the homework before the attack. Any advice on where to go and look to learn nmap so I know the proper way to run the program? Thanks or any or all information that you may have. I have really learned alot on this site and it really helps that everyone is open to give advice.

Quote Originally Posted by kdiggity317 View Post
    Any advice on where to go and look to learn nmap so I know the proper way to run the program?
    Google????

PS: I don't want to sound impolite, so check maybe here: http://nmap.org/book/man.html
    Don't eat yellow snow :rolleyes:

I believe the SP3 is patched from most of the exploits included in BT3....may have to update the database and try to find new ones...

Just burned his ISO

School project...
    Lucky.
    I get one of those this term.
    I intend to do a display on poor network security using my Eee, BT3, nMap and Metasploit.
    Metasploit does my head in
    Im also working the "ultimate" nMap parameters cheatsheet.
    However I realised that this would be impossible because it varies from network to network.
    But maybe we could share info a bit.
    Pick each others brains.
    Drop us an email will you?
    Dom.Hutton@gmail.com

Regards,
    Dom

So what exactly is your request???
    Don't eat yellow snow :rolleyes:

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Dom.Hutton View Post
    But maybe we could share info a bit.
    Pick each others brains.