Thread: An unsuccessful attempt at putting my card into monitor mode

Just burned his ISO

Question An unsuccessful attempt at putting my card into monitor mode

ive been finding it really difficult to get my wireless Atheros5007 card to activate. ive tried going through the settings on windows to try and get it to activate on boot up and in the settings of kismets KDE Centre and it wont get its arse in gear and initialise.

I then after doing a lot of reading of this forum, found the comands i am meant to do in the command promp (shell) so i booted up BT again and this is what happened:

bt# airmon-ng stop ath0

interface chipset driver

(ok fine)

bt# ifconfig wifi0 down
    Error whilst getting interface flags, No such device

Does anyone know what is wrong with my wireless card? It works fine in windows when i use it for straight forward connection stuff. Above my keyboard, my laptop has this button that turns blue when the wireless card is active which happens no problem in windows. it comes on automatically or it can be turned on/off when pressed but it just will not in Linux/Backtrack if pressed and ive looked in every place i can in the settings in BT. I dunno what else to do...can anyone help?

Just burned his ISO

Even though no1 has responded, i have at last sorted out this problem. If any1 did read this thread and planned to respond, thank you but now im fine.

Developer

Even though the reason no one responded is most likely because this info could be found with a simple search , it would be nice of you to post your solution or steps in order to help someone else instead of just saying "I solved it".