Thread: kde loading with text mode option only

Just burned his ISO

Default kde loading with text mode option only

Sorry, new to bt3 and newer linux's. Used to run redhat 7. Heres my thing, I can start bt3 from the cd, and if I select the kde load option it will get to the point of loading x but then just acts like it is attempting to reload a number of times then drops out and says there is a problem with kde. If I choose text mode with frame buffer when I boot, and get to a console prompt and run startx it loads without a problem (and looks mighty nice I must say). Just wondering if there is an option I should be putting in on boot or if I just need to continue to get it to load x the longer way.

I am on a hp dv6809, 2ghz with 3gb ram, atheros wireless card, and nvidia graphics card. Everything else actually works great for me and I am very happy with bt3, I was just hoping to speed up getting to kde a bit.

Thanks
    Dan.

Just burned his ISO

Hi Dan,

I'm having problems with BT3 and my HP's nVidia 7000 series GFX card. When you choose the "KDE3" option, one of the kernel parameters is "autoexec=xconf;kdm". It is xconf that is failing to provide the correct settings to the XOrg xserver. Either keep using the frame buffer option or (if it's been installed to a harddrive/pendrive) then edit your xorg.conf file manually to give it the correct settings.

Regards.
    Grant.