Thread: BT USB w/ persistant changes - help requested

Just burned his ISO

Default BT USB w/ persistant changes - help requested

Hey all,

I've done a fair bit of searching and it doesn't seem other people are having this issue.

I followed the video tutorial on BLIP.TV and all worked well until I tried to boot from the USB using persistent changes (all the other modes work fine, so my assumption is in the syslinux.cfg file).

The error - Fatal Error Occured - can't setup union (aufs)
    Something went wrong and we can't continue. This should never happen.

I have 2 partitions on my USB (one fat32, the other (changes - does it have to be CALLED changes?) is ext3), and I have set the right boot volume to changes = /dev/sdb2

The only concern was in nano when I saved out - it wanted to save in a DOS or MAC file format. Is that good? I saw no other solutions and nano -n 'fileofyourchoice.ext' didn't work.

I hope to get this working - along with providing, I hope with, enough information to get me started a bit.

Thanks all!

Good friend of the forums

http://delicious.com/operat0r/backtrack look for the post on changes

If your running bt3, there must be a folder named "changes" in your ext partition.
    When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean. -- Lin-Chi
    - - - - - - - -
    I slept once, it was a Tuesday.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks you two -

Currently my ext3 partition is like this /media/sdb2/changes

Does that look right? I can boot into with persistent changes now (I changed in the syslinux.cfg the changes from /dev/sdb2 to /sdb2) but nothing is saved when I reboot and check.

I checked out the link, seems a bit ill-faded (hard to follow) at first glance but I'll look more into it. Looks like there should be an easier way.

Just burned his ISO

Forget it - I got it fixed.