View Poll Results: How useful was my tutorial?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • great

0 0%
  • good

0 0%
  • ok

0 0%
  • bad

0 0%
  • horable!

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HOWTO: save changes. the easy way (newbie proof)

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by benzslr123 View Post
    does this save things such as passwords in firefox?
    any changes made in BT it will save them so if you save your password in firefox it should save it

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    hmm.. actually i couldnt figure out how to get the files off my desktop so i got rid of it.. and went back to normal..
    hmm i didnt think about trying to DELETE files. working on that now. sorry

Just burned his ISO

I have a problem when trying to save after the initial save. What happends is after I save then reboot I can see the files I saved, but when I go to save again the system always freezes and forces me to reboot. I have a eeepc 701 running BT3 in USB. I tryed to delete the save.sh, and changes.lzm on the desktop since they were already in the modules folder (thinking that the system was getting confused as where to save). I even tryed putting changes.lzm file in the base folder like Redtool said but no luck on resaving. Thx in advance.

What was the wrong with the ordinary HowTo to save changes i found it really helpful , there is nothing wrong to think about a new way of doing things
    but still i am a newbie and i can use balding_parrot method .

Quote Originally Posted by pcstalljr View Post
    the difference is that, with MY expeaence with the changes partition, it saves every 5 to 10 minutes. and, some people may not always want to save what they were working on, some times i just fiddle and end up with so many scripts on my desktop its full. the whole reason i made this is to save changes before i exit backtrack. with the changes partition it wouldn't always save before i exit.
    correct me if i was wrong ( i am not expert ) in changes partition you said it will save every 5 or 10 minutes ....
    so your way dont do this ! i thought if changes partition save every 5 or 10 minutes so your way still do this but save it in ram and you save the final work in the end with your method
    so what is the difference
    May be it is good for those who are still using Live CD
    excuse me i am very new
    Impossible is impossible

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12