Thread: Stanford offers free courses online

Default Stanford offers free courses online

Found this. I'm going to try to follow along.

http://see.stanford.edu/

Stanford offers free courses online

Artificial intelligence

By Sylvie Barak: Thursday, 18 September 2008, 1:56 PM

FEELING GENEROUS, Stanford University is opening 10 free cyber courses in computer science and electrical engineering.

Covering the basics of computer science – including programming methodology, programming abstractions and programming paradigms – as well as introductions to robotics, artificial intelligence and linear systems and optimisation, the courses are being offered as part of the Stanford Engineering Everywhere (SEE) programme.

"Students and educators around the world" who want to take Stanford up on the offer can download video lectures, transcripts, homework and even exams, almost exactly the same course material available to Stanford students. But of course a big difference is that non Stanford students won’t get any credit, no matter how many times they sit the exam.

Youtube, Itunes, Vyew, WMV Torrent, and MP4 Torrent all play host to the course videos and a Creative Commons license means people can watch and pass them on without violating copyright.

This, Stanford hopes, will encourage educators and students from across the globe to "form virtual communities around the classes".

There may be some non artificial intelligence to that idea. µ

L'Inq
    Stanford Engineering Everywhere.

Thanks for the information, I'll check it out.

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

I'm currently on the cs106a Programming Methodologies (about halfway through) and I would highly recommend these to anyone with an interest in programming. Great Find and thanks for sharing.