Thread: how does "muts" record BT screens ??

Just burned his ISO

Default how does "muts" record BT screens ??

Thought I've been visiting remote-exploit forums quite often, but only today I saw some amazing videos on offensive-security.com, 8 vids in total...

mannn I was dumbstruck by its amazing quality...
    I wonder what "muts" uses to record BT screens ( he recorded even the booting screens, how in the word can you do that ).. I'll want to try my hand at recording BT screens.

I must say again the vids by "muts" were at the pinnacle of their quality, considering not many solutions are available to record linux screens.

Camtasia recording BT running in VMWare

Just burned his ISO

Thanks balding_parrot for your quick reply.
    Now I hope I can create some videos that might be helpful to BT users.

Anyways can you please elaborate a bit more on system configuration used, I mean wether you used Win98 or WinXP as base for VMware workstation for optimum performance and quality video

He uses a mixture of Host OS's, Vista, XP and I believe in some cases BT itself, but may use others as well.
    He uses VMWare Server and Workstation products.

It is not hard to produce high quality video's with Camtasia (I know from personal experience) and although it is quite pricey it is money well spent.
    Just one point, Xp has better hardware compatibility than Vista due to the way Vista handles certain hardware. This means that you can have problems recording some types or combinations of audio input under Vista.

Just burned his ISO

thanks for your kind reply...I'll contact again if any situation arises

If you don't want to fork out any cash before you try making some vid's yourself give wink a try, it'll work on Windows and BT3.

You won't be able to capture the booting process of either OS as the OS has to be running but that's not too important in my book.

The project files will work on either OS so you can put two projects together if you go from one OS to the other in your tutorial and then edit the whole tutorial on your prefered OS.

Just google wink and its the top result.

Quote Originally Posted by GileraGFR View Post
    You won't be able to capture the booting process of either OS as the OS has to be running but that's not too important in my book.
    Unless you use the capturing program on the host OS and run the guest OS, the one to be recorded, in VMware of course.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

ok I got ya, I'll give wink a try...