Thread: Allnet All0283 USB Backtrack ????

Just burned his ISO

Default Allnet All0283 USB Backtrack ????

Hi,

I got me a USB Wi-Fi stick purchased by Allnet All0283, it only runs on Linux or not to backtrack, there is no suitable driver for it. Has anyone an idea how I can do it so it works with BackTrack?

That dongle is powered by atheros, according to various sources, they mention its not ar5007ug. Therefore this chipset may not work fully under backtrack mainly because its atheros propriatory and also theres not much support.

You may have luck getting it to work via ndiswrapper or some later kernel builds but don't hold your breath for monitor + injection natively.

Just burned his ISO

An idea did you not like I get to run?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by hatake_kakashi View Post
    That dongle is powered by atheros, according to various sources, they mention its not ar5007ug. Therefore this chipset may not work fully under backtrack mainly because its atheros propriatory and also theres not much support.

You may have luck getting it to work via ndiswrapper or some later kernel builds but don't hold your breath for monitor + injection natively.

An idea did you not like I get to run?

As hatake_kakashi says the card uses an Atheros chipset and as the madwifi driver, which is used to run Atheros cards in Linux, currently does not support any USB based wireless cards your only option would be to use ndiswrapper. This naturally means that you will not be able to put your card into monitor mode or inject with it.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.