Thread: Hawking HWUG1 not capturing hndshke

Default Hawking HWUG1 not capturing hndshke

hello, I am having problems cracking WPA2, I have followed the steps in aircrack on my bt3 machine. I am able to deauth my fellow co-worker(boss), but not able to capture handshake.
    airodump-ng -c 1 --bssid 00:##:##:##:40:80 -w psk rausb0.

Now from what I understand I should be able to see this in the right hand corner of my shell window thats running the airodump.

My card is hawking, I have loaded the correct drivers for it, but I was reading about the how I might need to set it to a certain mode = a/b/g/n. Not sure how to do this, but aircrack did say make sure to set it to the same mode and you can do this by checking if has modular capabilities with man iwconfig but I didn 't see anything.

So if any one knows the command to set a hawking HWUG1 that has ralink and rt73 drivers please let me know.

Or if you think it might be something else let me know.

One more thing the client I am deauth that is connected to the AP that I am trying to crack is using Vista...I don't know if that matters

When I use the above command it picks up beacons and so fourth but not able to pick up handshake even after I deauth.....only sent 1 deauth

If you need more info on my problem just ask

It does not affect the process in any way that the client is using Vista. The most common reason to why people are unable to capture the handshake is that they do not realize that they need to be close enough to both the AP and the client in order to capture the full 4-way handshake. I would suggest that you use wireshark to open your cap file and check whether or not you are intercepting even a part of the handshake, most likely the AP side. If this is the case, then you will need to move closer to the client in order to get the full handshake.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Hey I totally understand what you are saying, but both the AP and the client(plus me) are in the same room....and the room is not that big. I check wireshark, I was thinking about that, I going to go ahead and list the commands I have used and see if anyone thinks I am doing it wrong......Alot of people have told me "Just use spoonwpa, its easier." But I don't want to do that.
    But I am on the same mode(a/b/g/n) if I'm able to deauth,...right?

Ya, i have to be because they all operate on different bit streams 11, 54, and so fourth, so if I am able to deauth I would have to be on 54mbs(g)- the same as the client, to knock him off.

Sorry, kiloraw, I tried to answer this in a PM.

I don't know about the Ralink/RT73 drivers. My only suggestion is exactly what Tron suggested; i.e. use Wireshark. Have you tried that yet? It should show you whether you seeing all four parts of the handshake or not.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Just burned his ISO

Hi.

I am a total n00b, but I have tried to crack my WPA using a dlink card with RT73 Driver/chipset.

I was unable to capture a handshake at all, I tried for hours too. However I can catch a handshake instantly (few seconds) if I use my Hawking dish (HWU8DD REV B).

I dont know if that helps you or not...
    Its just a hobby that I picked up in the lobby...

Hey farmer, thanks for trying to help me out. but I have already captured one handshake...on accident.....and I got in trouble work (hey I warned my boss, that I had know idea what I am doing) I even had members here warn me. My boss finally took heed to what I was saying.
    But i think I am screwing up something
    I am going to see if wireshark picks up on something. But thanks anywayz farmer

After watching and really concentrating and letting my A.D.H.D. get control over me I got the handshake. What it was: I was trying to use two different tutorials and I got the commands mixed up, because everyone has a different tutorial, the ones I used was the famous =Xploitz= and the Syngress book tutorial. Don't ask what happened, I was able to figure it out, but thank you to all that helped.