Thread: Help with Alfa AWUS036H AND BT3 CD

Just burned his ISO

Default Help with Alfa AWUS036H AND BT3 CD

Hi there,

After reading thorugh these forums for a bit I decided to buy the alfa AWUS036H card since many people like it with BT3.

I am running it off my ibm laptop with built in wifi card. the problem is when I boot it up it will not detect it or power it in BT3.

I wanted to try to crack my wep with it this weekend. I have done it with my ath0 card, but wanted to see how much better range and speed I can get with this.

Any help getting it up and running is appreciated. Also what is the card called in BT3 Im assuming its no longer Ath0 right?

Thanks for the help guys

Kenny

Just burned his ISO

Hi i also want to buythis adapter i have prior knoleg of backtrack 3 andf the interface name should be Wlan0 also dose any one know if Alfa USB 500mW works with bracktrack3 without installling any drivers just plug and play

I haven't had a problem with mine at all. it is better to plug it in when booting up as it takes some time to detect once you are logged in.

open a shell and type
    Code:
    lsusb
    and that will show you if it has seen your alfa i have never had any problems with mine

Plug the Alfa in *after* BT has booted, it should be detected automatically.

Then check if the device is listed:
    ifconfig -a

To bring the device up type:
    ifconfig wlan0 up (or wlan1 in case your built-in wireless is wlan0)

Just burned his ISO

Default Thanks

Thanks Guys You have helped me verry much especaly the last poster thanks for the heads up on the wlan0 and wlan1 thing becaws i will be using this primarly on a eee pc 900 and it has built in wireless. But also to every one else who has helped thank you also. Also if a adim reads thing i think you should make a stick some were about uding externl adapters for the eee pc and a quick note about how to enable your external with wlan0 being build in and wlan1 being external.

Also another quick question with the eee pc. Could i brows the net on wlan0 and inject packets/dycript packets/scan with wlan1.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards to every one anton2k