Thread: hydra-windows question

Just burned his ISO

Default hydra-windows question

This happens to me almost every time i download a brute force program.
    I'll download the files to my computer in a folder in my C: drive/desktop/whatever, then after just a couple of seconds the program disappears. I'm running vista and i dont know if it's my firewall deleting it or what. I've tried this with hydra, and some other brute force programs.
    Any suggestions?

Developer

We are a linux forum and do not offer any sort of support for windows unless you find a member who wish's to give it here in the general IT section. Thread moved.

Quote Originally Posted by ryknowfreak112 View Post
    Any suggestions?
    A few:
    1) Don't use Hydra on Windows.
    2) Get support for Hydra from the people that built it. (i.e.: THC).
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ryknowfreak112 View Post
    This happens to me almost every time i download a brute force program.
    I'll download the files to my computer in a folder in my C: drive/desktop/whatever, then after just a couple of seconds the program disappears. I'm running vista and i dont know if it's my firewall deleting it or what. I've tried this with hydra, and some other brute force programs.
    Any suggestions?
    The program is most likely classified as a malicious piece of software by your antivirus program, which is why it is being deleted. Make sure to download it to a directory on your computer that you exclude from automatic protection and you should be fine.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.