Thread: BT3 wont boot...unless the laptop is plugged in

Just burned his ISO

Default BT3 wont boot...unless the laptop is plugged in

i got an hp dv6809wm, works great except it has to be plugged in or bt will stop at the point of trying to detect a floppy drive.

Quote Originally Posted by serephys View Post
    i got an hp dv6809wm, works great except it has to be plugged in or bt will stop at the point of trying to detect a floppy drive.
    Yeah, a friend of my has one with the same problem. It was a dv something... Anyways, try hitting the power button and it should go on. At least it worked for him! I guess this is some kind of especial security built in w/ BT and HP

Just burned his ISO

well what it actually does it go to a black screen, i initially thought my laptop wasnt compatible. id always try and run it unplugged. id do what you suggested hit the power button once and it looked like it would work for a second then get to the point of detecting the floppy.

did your friend ever figure out a workaround? i wonder if installing bt or using vmware would work better than a boot disc?

Just burned his ISO

I have the same laptop. Boot with BT3 Graphics Mode (Vesa KDE) The screen will go black. Hit the power button and watch it boot.