Thread: EZpwn - live sdhc question

Question EZpwn - live sdhc question

Hi all,

I am running compiz'd BT Final off sdhc live install with 4gb changes partition on an eee 701.

Just wondered if it is just me or whether anybody else is having problems getting EZpwn to run from the menu or the command line. Nothing seems to happen when I click it via the start/backtrack/penetration/All/EzPWN or type ezpwn from command line as root (home directory)

Wicked distro. Loving it.

Cheers.

EZpwn will launch in minimized mode, look for the shield icon next to the clock.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    EZpwn will launch in minimized mode, look for the shield icon next to the clock.
    Would second that as well.
    It's there.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    Would second that as well.
    It's there.
    Thanks for the quick help guys. Shrunk panel, to make sure nothing left / right to clock / elsewhere... weird I still cannot see it! Oh well! I will re-try updating via Fasttrack..... Thx again. B.

Just burned his ISO borntobehacker's Avatar

hi all,

im having same problem with twocent$...

Im using BT3 Final USB on my ac*r6292 GMA X3100, the compiz not work but all software & tool is work ( ezpwn too ). I'm upgrade my kernel to 2.6.25.6 and my packgage to slackware 12.1.. after this the compiz work like a charm ( without affect the injection on my 3945 card, still work ). But the EZpwn can't start... there is an activity in my hdd but no icon in the panel like before i upgrade my BT3.

Oh yeah there is a java app in my ksysguard, so i think the ezpwn is running but without icon in my panel.

I wonder someone in this forum know how to solve it... And can i upgrade ezpwn via Fasttrack?

BTW thanks to this forum, i know a lot about linux ( BT & Slax & Slackware is my first linux OS i learn )

Sorry to be a P.I.T.A. but I can see the icon, click it and nothing happens. Tried searching and found the attached where others seem to have same problemo.

[/QUOTE]
    http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...%3Den%26sa%3DG[/QUOTE]

It is on Seb-Taz's post (for some reason it won't link direct)

Is there anyway to slow-down the verbose boot-up output on the screen so I could track it? Cannot see any errors on my sdhc copy but I can't really read that fast!

Any help greatly appreciated.

B.
    "When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on!" - Thomas Jefferson.

Just burned his ISO

I was having the same problem with ezpwn not loading in nvidia compiz mode, I found that if i go to the compiz icon , select window manager and switch to Kwin, then EZpwn opens normally , once it is open i can switch back to compiz and everything works fine.