Thread: Strange happenings...

Just burned his ISO

Default Strange happenings...

Hi there,

I have been using bt3 all morning, with no problems. I was able to crack my own wpa flawlessly.

I then was going to have another go, so I logged out of XP with the disc in the drive (as I always do) and booted into bt3 as normal.

However, when I opened the konsole to run airodump I entered the command and hit return.

Instead of it listing aps etc... All I got was a white cursor.

I then pressed ctrl-c and hit iwconfig.

Same thing white cursor! nothing else.

I thought this was weird... So I restarted the pc, it hung for ages.

It rebooted fine. But the problem remained!!!

I was very confused at this point. So I booted back into XP and then rebooted back into bt3.

All went fine and I opened up the konsole again. I did iwconfig and the list of wireless exts came up - cool.

I then hit airodump off again and got a weird error message. I then did iwconfig again and noticed that my hawking usb dish adapter is now 'eth1' it has always been eth2 on any pc I put it into!!??

Why has it now changed to eth1? I will try it on another pc to see what happens but this is very weird.

Am I looking at a fault with the wifi adapter or something else?

It does consequently still work fine, but I'm just cluless as to why it has changed...

TIA.
    Its just a hobby that I picked up in the lobby...

Just burned his ISO

It happend to me once, it was the wificard driver(intel) wich hang and dont want to exit. Check if it not hot , Mine was burning.