Thread: Using macchanger

Default Using macchanger

Is there a quick way to reset the interface's mac address to the default one or would it be just the same to use

Code:
     ~ macchanger -m [enter original mac] [device]
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by SlipDigby View Post
    macchanger -m [enter original mac] [device] [/code]
    Im guessing you want to do this because you have mac filtering on your router and when you want to connect to the internet you have to change your mac address back.

Why not make a little bash script which contains the macchanger and internet connection commands. The all you have to do is double click on the script each time

Calypso

Yes you are correct, I need to change it back to connect to my router. I'm relatively new to Linux so not familiar with bash...

Something for me to learn tonight with the help of google!

Thank you.

Something for me to learn tonight with the help of google!
    Thank you.
    a few tips to get you on your way

1. make a txt file and put this at the top "#!/bin/bash"
    2. put all you commands you normally type into the terminal belwo this
    3. open up a new terminal and type chmod 777 myTextFile
    4. either double click on the script icon or run from terminal and it will execute all the commands

Calypso

Quote Originally Posted by calypso View Post
    a few tips to get you on your way

1. make a txt file and put this at the top "#!/bin/bash"
    2. put all you commands you normally type into the terminal belwo this
    3. open up a new terminal and type chmod 777 myTextFile
    4. either double click on the script icon or run from terminal and it will execute all the commands

Calypso
    Thanks for the tips...

I've already ran my first bash script! yey!

Oh and it is /bin/sh

Code:
    ~ whereis sh
    I love it. Learning Linux and ethical hacking gives me the mental challenge my day job lacks!

Oh and it is /bin/sh
    i think you will find /bin/bash works too

wots the wlan down command and order of use also how to turn wlan (intell 34495 pro on again after i have changed mac?

Quote Originally Posted by jamied_uk View Post
    wots the wlan down command and order of use also how to turn wlan (intell 34495 pro on again after i have changed mac?
    By the look of the past few posts you have made on this forum you really need to slow down and try to learn some linux basics on your own. The search function available on this forum should be your very first stop in case you are unable to figure something out on your own, and only if you are unable to find the answer previously posted should you ask. When/if you do feel the need to ask a question, make sure that you post in an appropriate thread or start a completely new one. Question regarding basic linux usage are also generally frown upon, since Back|track is an advance linux distro intended for more advanced users, and since the answer to these generally can be found easily using google or any other search engine of your choice.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

heather

Hi there, im actually the same user as Calypso, I would have sent a pm to Pureh'te but it seems i dont have the neccessary privaleges on this account yet and i lost them on my old account.

1. Do i get my posting privaleges back ever on my old account?

2, I got sent an email informing me that i have 5 penatly points but it didnt actualy describe what this means, permenant ban? or ban for certain time period?? I checked in the forum rules, it fails to mention about the penal system in detail which i think it should

Thanks

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by heather View Post
    Hi there, im actually the same user as Calypso, I would have sent a pm to Pureh'te but it seems i dont have the neccessary privaleges on this account yet and i lost them on my old account.

1. Do i get my posting privaleges back ever on my old account?

2, I got sent an email informing me that i have 5 penatly points but it didnt actualy describe what this means, permenant ban? or ban for certain time period?? I checked in the forum rules, it fails to mention about the penal system in detail which i think it should

Thanks

I responded to your PM however creating a new account and then posting with it after your privs have been removed is a NO NO. So since I had to ban your heather acount I will have to make my PM to you public.

Re: Posting privalages removed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by heather
    Hi there, im actually the same user as Calypso, you recently gave me 5 penalty points for discussing illegal activity on the forum.

1. Do i get my posting privaleges back ever on my old account, the email didnt really explain anything, temporary ban, permanent ban?

2. The forum rules, fail to mention about the penal system in detail which i think it should, I also think for minor offences such as mine users should recieve a written warning before getting banned.

Calypso,
    It is temporary. I think at the most 30 days. You could have PM'd me from your old account because really if I wanted to be a dick your creating a new account is a violation of the rules as well. Please do not make any posts with this account or I will ban it.

As to your next question it should be obvious that discussing illegal file sharing would not be tolerated here. Many of our memebers have written chapters in those books your stealing so while you may consider the offense minor I do not. Furthermore you have been around the forums long enough to have a good grasp on the rules. If we do not condone the stealing of wifi why would we then turn around and tell people its cool to steal software and books.
    Anyway if you have any sort of problem with my decision or feel I have treated you unfairly in any way please feel free to appeal your case to Re@lity who is the forum admin and the big guy in charge.