Thread: O2 Micro, Inc. OZ711M3/MC3 4-in-1 MemoryCardBus support??

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default O2 Micro, Inc. OZ711M3/MC3 4-in-1 MemoryCardBus support??

Ok, I have been having alot of problems with getting straight info regarding the status of the SD card reader/writer support for this 4in1-- much of the info I have found is pretty dated. I have spent much of this weekend trying to get the reader working under debian and ubuntu with 0 luck-- I popped in the BT disk (because also having strange usb wifi [w rtl8187 ALFA usb wifiNIC] issues under both but always have had great success with BT [not final tho]),, anyways,, I noticed, regarding the cardreader problem that BT has some support for pcmcia devices installed into the 4in1,, but still nothing for the SD reader/writer? unless I am missing something,, which is likely!

The machine is an old HP nc6000, mostly everything else works by default with BT so I think I am going to probably stick with it for now-- but sure would like to get this SD card writer working cause I need some tunes in my fone!!

Can anyone give some advice on how to proceed from here? I am not skilled enough to hack the driver I don't think,, but would be willing to try if someone more skilled would assist? or at least provide some guideline on how to get started,, or somethin....

This issue is about the worst one right now for me,,,, and it really looks like is a common issue for this hardware (at least that is what my dated info indicates,,)

Thanks in advance for any hep with this issue,,, cheers J

O2 Micro is one of those few companies that aren't open towards the alternative platform community. Your best chance would be to email them directly and/or search around google for any possible chances into getting anything related to that manufacturer to work.

Just burned his ISO

Hullo and thanks for the belated response! yeh I came to same conclusion as the rest-- the device is not supported and probably will never be seeing that it is outdated! I did email the company with a lengthly not so negative complaint but never heard back from them of course! That was at least a coupld of months now!

I also took others advice and just use a reader/writer built into a crappy Brother multi-function printer and it seems to work fairly well so far.. is just a big pain in the butt cause is not portable like my laptop!!! i'll have to buy xsomething better eventually...

I just use it for dl'ing music to my cell via micro-sd.

thanx again,,, I guess this topic is resolved as it will get!

I'm sure you won't be the only one that will be enquiring to them about devices that fail to work under linux, prior to me posting, I did a checkup on google and there was fair few people that are stuck with O2 devices which won't work well on linux. The advice that was given to them was similar to mine, email the company directly.

Maybe sooner or later the company will open up its eyes to see its ultimate fate if it keeps holding onto their greed like microsoft.