Thread: What to do with multiple wireless interfaces

Default What to do with multiple wireless interfaces

I got a second wireless interface to try out airpwn, which is slow giong, but I'm wondering what else I should look at that can take advantage of multiple interfaces. I'll hit the tools page, but any pointers would be appreciated too-

-eX

Kismet will use multiple cards. My box will do channels 1,3,8 on one, 6,4,9 on the second, 11,5,10 on the third, and 2,7,1 on the fourth.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

That could be handy. I can make kismet lock on 1 channel, but I haven't tried locking one kismet window on mult. channels. What I do now is run Kismet full time on one card and lock on channels and return to hopping as I need to. The other I use for all the actual wep cracking work. This comes in really handy.

What I'm looking for now, and I haven't exhausted all the man pages, but I'll throw it out there, is the kismet equivalent of Wireshark's 'restart capture' (or something close) function. Say I'm walking down the street. I live in the city so 2 blocks can be 70+ networks easy. I find cards can get tempermental when I actually stop kismet, kill the interfaces and restart too many times. I'd like to just say forget everything you've collected so far and start over from scratch please. Closest I've come is figuring out how to disconnect and reconnect strategically when moving so as to keep the overall volume of data collected down. Any pointers would be appreciated though.

Thanks-

-eX