Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acer aspire one

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Question Acer aspire one

Hi! anyone who would care to help me? i have a acer aspire one. i have installed backtrack 3 and it works fine, but i have a problem with my networkcard i think... i can find networks when i search with the regular network mannager, but it wont work with kismet, or when i type airodump....
    it wont find any networks,nothing...

need help!!

sorry for the bad english, i am from norway!

Just burned his ISO

I can't help you with your network card issue but I would like to know what video settings you used? I am trying to install back track to my hard drive and it will only boot into the command line. Startx fails. Any help is appreciated.

Just burned his ISO

Maybe your network card isnt supported. Buy a eee 900 for backtrack. All working :-)

Your Wifi card will work with BT3 and your Aspire One, I have a One and using it with BT3 regularly.

I can only assume you are using the wrong interface.
    Have you run Airmon-ng to look at the interfaces, and putting it in monitor mode.

Just burned his ISO

ican use the program,go on the internet and so on, but i probably are typing something wrong.... got any good idiot tutorials? or would someone help me thru msn? realy want to get this working

im looking at purchasing a aspire one, can anyone confirm that the atheros wireless card can be put into "monitor" mode? a list of things that don't work/do work would be nice too.

(edit) never mind i must have over looked Messiah's post. im debating on purchasing one from newegg 329 or wait and preorder the one on amazon for 399 includes 160gb hhd, 1gb ram and most important 6 cell batt.

Just burned his ISO

You should be able to boot the BT3 with GUI if you select the "BT3 Graphics mode (VESA KDE)" when bootting. of course i don't know for sure because i'm using a flash stick everytime when i want to boot BT3 on my Acer aspire one. But i hope this helps you somewhat with your problem.

Messiah

can also confirm i have a Acer One 110 and it works fine with BT3...i run it from a usb pen almost daily

about to install to the SSD right now actually

Messiah

ok....quick update boys and girls...actually came to run spoonwep2 today..and it wont capture iv's even though am injecting at a high 1000sec rate.

weird but anyhow seems to work if i jus do it manually from the shell which is strange???

i run VESA KDE and just press space to continue and it works fine.

i now run BT3 from usb and have xp installed on the SSD and jus voided my warranty completely cause upgrading the RAM on this thing is a absolute nightmare man..

but its upto 1.5gb and have to say if u disable the page filing its running rather sweet. :-)

Just burned his ISO

emilg07, u should poweroff the laptop, not reboot. After it has started use the wireless assistant and it should be scanning networks. I also use the ASUS 901 gfx_network module that was posted on this forum as the hardware in ther AA1 is suposedly the same. It does give u 1024 resolution on the screen I know that much better than 600x800 or whatever the defaut is set to, but I have no network issues and can put my wireless into monitor mode, and airodump works fine as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast