Thread: BT3 Black Screen

Just burned his ISO

Default BT3 Black Screen

Yes, I am new to BT3, but it is something I feel I need to learn how to use.

Now, I have a laptop, it is an HP Pavilion dv2000, I checked the laptop compatibility site, and it is not listed under there, but that right now is not my problem.

Edit: I looked around and found a solution, I do not have a floppy drive, and that is what was causing the problem.

Once I got that fixed, when it came to loading the desktop, it would try to load it over and over.
    Tried running it in Vesa instead, loaded fine until it came to running the X server, it starts to load up the desktop, but then it fails to load up...

I'm going to look for more solutions, but still appreciate any help you guys can give me.

And it is just a live CD...

Thanks in advanced, all help is greatly appreciated.

Just burned his ISO

Ran BT3 in a Virtual machine... It ran perfectly fine with all the normal settings. So since I can run BT3 like this it is kinda better for me.

My only question though is, If im running BT3 in a virtual machine, will I be able to use all of the features, like the password cracker and all those?

Thanks

Just burned his ISO

You'll be able to use all the programs and such, but your wireless card may not work, it just depends on the hardware and network settings. So, that would only mess with some of the network auditing programs.
    never underestimate the power of idiots in a group

As for BT in a VM, I use it that way all the time with no problems. Eveyrthing works except for the built in wireless card in my latop, so I went out and bought some USB wifi adapters, and they work fine with BT in a VM. Vmware will only recognize your ethernet adapter on a laptop and not any built in mini pci cards, but USB adapters will show up as soon as you plug them in(so long as its a card that is supported by Back Track). Im using a linksys with the Ralink chipset and it works fine for cracking wep and getting the wpa handshake.

As for cracking and all the other programs, they all work as if you had installed or ran it natively on your machine without the GPU problems for some graphics cards.

I would say stick to the VM and get a USB wifi adapter.