Thread: Unable to associate with WEP-encrypted network

Just burned his ISO

Default Unable to associate with WEP-encrypted network

Hi! I've been trying to pentest a wep-encrypted network with no clients, but I'm having an unusual setback. When I try a fakeauth, I get the following error:
    Code:
    Waiting for beacon frame (BSSID: blah blah) on channel 11

Sending Authentication Request (Open System)

Sending Authentication Request (Open System)

..etc
    airodump-ng shows:

Code:
    BSSID                      PWR   RXQ     Beacons   #Data    #/s   CH   MB  ENC 
    00:11:F2:EC:58:01    12      96         844          7          0     11   54   WEP
    Aireplay wlan0 on channel 11 -9 (test) shows:
    Code:
    Trying broadcast probe requests...
    Injection is working!
    Found 2 APs

Trying directed probe requests..
    00:11:F2:EC:58:01 - channel: 11 - 'My_Network'
    0/30:    0%.
    Chopchop also fails. Anyone know what's going on here and what my next step should be?

im pretty sure fake auth requires clients to be on the AP, look up a tutorial for wep hack with no clients.

Maybe try spoonwep, i havent tried it personally but ive heard its easy to use

I'm finding, for some reason or another, still in testing, that Spoonwep works in situations that conventional cracking doesn't. At least on the few weps that I have tried.
    Spoonwep is incredibly easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost40 View Post
    I'm finding, for some reason or another, still in testing, that Spoonwep works in situations that conventional cracking doesn't. At least on the few weps that I have tried.
    Spoonwep is incredibly easy to use.
    Since SpoonWEP basically is a graphical frontend for the aircrack-ng suite, although a very good one I have to say, there is no reason why you would be able to obtain a WEP key using SpoonWEP but not the manual approach. Most likely your previous problems are therefore related to a lack of understanding, or using the incorrect commands, of the aircrack-ng suite.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.